America v Eurasia Turn 12

Ok, they must not have had a runner on G4, since they did not opt to kill the mobi. Whew. Here’s what I know they did:

Spawn runner D1 (1 wit)
Move D1runner C2 (1 wit)
Move E3 heavy D3 (1 wit)
Kill C3 soldier (1 wit)

Not sure how many wits are unaccounted for. I will get an approximate count later, don’t have time right now.

Discuss our move.[hr]
Initial thought:

Spawn runner left
Boost runner
Move runner to wit space
Move heavy to center wit space
Warp A5 medic to I10
Spawn soldier right
Move soldier to J9
End turn, banking 2 wits

I am concerned about right, I expect they have advanced their L5 runner. But maybe they had enough to get a new mobi? It seems unlikely but like I said I will check their approximate wit count later.[hr]
Keep in mind, they have 100% knowledge of us. 100%, everything.

I’m ok with your move but would also boost the J9 soldier since it’d be too easily taken out with soldier+runner. Since we think that they had a soldier on J5 and know they had a runner on the right as well. Also, if we move the medic to I10, they could take it out with their runner the next turn I think which would’ve wasted our wit in moving the medic.

One other thought though is that last move we had no vision and were guessing things. Our guesses turned out to be wrong. Would it be worthwhile to get vision first on the right side before we do anything? Most likely by moving our E12 runner to G8?

We need units now, were at a disadvantage, lets bring the second medic to the right spawn to make use of it[hr]
And they can use the runner to claim wit space and then mobi it back, im pretty sure they saved enough to do that[hr]
If the sneaky icon never appeared in the replay, then that means all their actions were killing our soldier

Unless I say otherwise, assume that the sneaking icon appeared in the replay. That’s very relevant info and I would be sure to inform everyone. In this case, yes, the sneaky icon appeared.

Honestly, I like the ideas already put forth in the first post, and I can’t think of anything better to do with our wits. I’m not sure about boosting the soldier, but to me it makes sense to boost it since otherwise why are we bringing the medic over there? I can see how saving the wits might also be a good idea, but if we lose the soldier, then we’re down three wits anyway.

Question: Do you consider it unlikely that they would use their L5 runner to pick off our medic if we do teleport it?

— Begin quote from ‘TheGreatErenan’ pid=‘49612’ dateline=‘1368041921’

Honestly, I like the ideas already put forth in the first post, and I can’t think of anything better to do with our wits. I’m not sure about boosting the soldier, but to me it makes sense to boost it since otherwise why are we bringing the medic over there? I can see how saving the wits might also be a good idea, but if we lose the soldier, then we’re down three wits anyway.

Question: Do you consider it unlikely that they would use their L5 runner to pick off our medic if we do teleport it?

— End quote

Actually yeah, I guess we should teleport medic to I9, not I10. I10 is still in range of the L5 runner. Yes, I think they would pick of the medic, maybe teleport it back, but I think it may be a good trade for them even if they can’t teleport it. The reason we want to warp the medic in the first place is because it’s currently in danger of death via C2 runner.

I don’t think it’s a good use of a wit to boost the J9 soldier, personally… Seems unlikely that they would try to kill it even if they could, which also seems unlikely.

If we warp the A5 medic over to the right side, I think we should boost our mobi or heavy in the same turn. Why not warp medic to I9 and heal the heavy?

We need a stronger presence in the center, and we absolutely need to get some vision.

I think they have a new runner on their center wit tile and that they have a 4hp soldier still in the center area from last turn.

I agree with putting a boosted runner on our left side wit tile.

So maybe:

Spawn runner left
Boost runner left
Move runner to A4
Mobiport A5 medic to I9
Boost Mobi or heavy
Move heavy to G9
Spawn soldier right
Move soldier to J9
Bank 1 wit

Or some variation of this.

Forgot about the heavy. Yes I think it makes sense to boost the heavy.[hr]
What do we think, shall I spawn runner left, boost, move to wit space and send screen shot? I don’t think this would reveal anything we don’t already know since they already used their spawn on that side, but if we’re agreed…

Yeah that initial move makes the most sense I think.

Sounds good.

Go for it.

— Begin quote from ‘GreatGonzales’ pid=‘49490’ dateline=‘1367941627’

— End quote

Are you sure? Isn’t it possible they never saw our medic in the beginning and assume we moved our starting medic to C8 instead of C9? They could be operating under the impression that we only have 1 medic, and didn’t build a second one (because who would do that?). This would be 4 wits unaccounted for from their perspective.

— Begin quote from ‘Gavin Wins’ pid=‘49681’ dateline=‘1368108468’

— Begin quote from ‘GreatGonzales’ pid=‘49490’ dateline=‘1367941627’

— End quote

Are you sure? Isn’t it possible they never saw our medic in the beginning and assume we moved our starting medic to C8 instead of C9? They could be operating under the impression that we only have 1 medic, and didn’t build a second one (because who would do that?). This would be 4 wits unaccounted for from their perspective.

— End quote

You’re right, they don’t necessarily have 100% knowledge.

They had 100% knowledge when they took turn 9, and therefore knew beginning conditions for our turn 10. They know we spawned a medic last turn on left, and thanks to C2 runner on turn 11 they know where it is. They know we took no action after moving the boosted runner to C3, but there IS a period of unknowns before that - they didn’t see us spawn the medic, move it, boost the soldier. So the actions we took during that period are ambiguous.

Soooo yeah. That’s good. Still, disconcerting how much they know about us, relative to what we know about them.

As expected, new vision reveals nothing we didn’t already know:

http://i.imgur.com/ebzXX0r.png[hr]
From this point on, I propose we do:

Spawn soldier right
Move solider to J9 (possibly pause here, assess new vision)
Warp A5 medic to I9
Boost heavy
End turn banking 1 wit

That works for me, though it still doesn’t give us much vision on the right.

Good for me too. I say only pause after the soldier move if it reveals anything interesting. Otherwise, just finish the move.

Actually, I think we should maybe warp the medic to I9 first, as it will give us vision of I6, J6, and K6.

And L6-L9 for that matter.

— Begin quote from ‘GreatGonzales’ pid=‘49698’ dateline=‘1368118697’

As expected, new vision reveals nothing we didn’t already know:

http://i.imgur.com/ebzXX0r.png[hr]
From this point on, I propose we do:

Spawn soldier right
Move solider to J9 (possibly pause here, assess new vision)
Warp A5 medic to I9
Boost heavy
End turn banking 1 wit

— End quote

I’m fine with this. I’m not crazy about our positioning but there isn’t a whole lot we can do about that at the moment.

If we had known their heavy hadn’t moved a couple turns ago, I would have been in favor of devising a strong center push.