America v Eurasia Turn 16

Our medic on I9 is in danger. We may not care about this.

One idea is to make a new boosted soldier on the left and move it to B5. Next turn, this would allow us to kill their heavy by leaping one solider up, recalling it with mobi, and finishing the heavy with the other soldier.

They have a lot of our wits unaccounted for. Killing their heavy would be a “surprise.”

Something to be aware of- any sniper they land on the field with mobi next turn will be boosted. we could not harass it without multiple scouts or well positioned soldiers already in place.

I believe they intend to drop a boosted sniper on I6 to kill our medic.

Whoops, sorry about image size. :confused:

I like Gavin’s plan of building another boosted soldier and moving to B5. That would use 4 wits and we would be able to bank 1.

If they do decide to boost a sniper and take out our medic, would that change our plan of taking out their heavy though? Or would we need to respond differently?

I’m worried about them advancing in center next turn. Or right. We should take a long look at their possible unit placements and plan accordingly.

— Begin quote from ‘Gavin Wins’ pid=‘51103’ dateline=‘1369400852’

Our medic on I9 is in danger. We may not care about this.

One idea is to make a new boosted soldier on the left and move it to B5. Next turn, this would allow us to kill their heavy by leaping one solider up, recalling it with mobi, and finishing the heavy with the other soldier.

They have a lot of our wits unaccounted for. Killing their heavy would be a “surprise.”

Something to be aware of- any sniper they land on the field with mobi next turn will be boosted. we could not harass it without multiple scouts or well positioned soldiers already in place.

I believe they intend to drop a boosted sniper on I6 to kill our medic.

— End quote

Isn’t killing the medic not worth it for them?

If they can safely kill it such that we can’t retaliate, why wouldn’t it be worth it?

Because they could be killing soldiers or something that could attack them or something that cost us more wits?

— Begin quote from ‘TheGoldenGriffin’ pid=‘51180’ dateline=‘1369491118’

Because they could be killing soldiers or something that could attack them or something that cost us more wits?

— End quote

Medics are pretty valuable. The difference in 1 hp means a lot.

I think they will be offensive on their next turn. Thus, I believe that building the boosted soldier on left would be wasteful…wits better spent on a sniper for the mobi. Wondering if we should bank 5 wits. Or maybe just build a sniper on left, end turn, that would give us the option to boost if prudent.

We are pretty sure that they will only have 7 wits next turn (since we denied their right wit space). So, they don’t have enough to kill our right 4 hp soldier, since they don’t have a sniper currently. But they could do:

Mobi to K5
Build sniper right, boost sniper
Warp boosted sniper to J6 (or, they could block a 1 hp sniper by moving the J5 soldier to I6, this may be a better move)
Kill medic
K4 soldier to K6

I think that’s Gavin’s concern. However, would a good response be:

Mobi to I10
Sniper to I9
Kill Boosted sniper
Spawn a soldier on right

They would only have 6 wits on this turn, given the above assumptions, so I’m not sure what damage they could do. Therefore I don’t know if they would go the medic killing route…seems we win that trade. Unless there is a better way for them to do it that I’m not seeing.

That was me thinking through their options…if they don’t kill the medic, there’s a great many things they could do. Probably, they will prepare to mount an offensive, but not actually kill any units. They need to retake their wit space, and they need a sniper.

I may be in favor of the B5 soldier idea now.

I’m not sure it’s worth banking all 5 wits? We should get another unit on the map, whether it’s a soldier or a sniper. The sniper would work too, but it seems like it’d be used more as a defensive sniper since they have soldier in good position to prevent any strong offensive push.

The boosted soldier would let us push down their left side and take out their heavy without them having a strong defense there since most of their units are on the right.

— Begin quote from ‘Doodat’ pid=‘51181’ dateline=‘1369491564’

— Begin quote from ‘TheGoldenGriffin’ pid=‘51180’ dateline=‘1369491118’

— End quote

Medics are pretty valuable. The difference in 1 hp means a lot.

— End quote

Oh okay. I just never see STs care about medics so I thought it was for a different reason

I like to think through the game by writing, so my stated opinion at the beginning of a post may contradict my opinion at the end of my post. I’m now not sure they will attack our units next turn, so we can afford to be a bit more offensive ie get another soldier on left. However, maybe we leave the soldier unboosted?

Why leave it unboosted? It’d be mobi sniped easily and if we don’t boost it now, we can’t boost it later if they snipe our medic

Well, just concerned we won’t have the wits we need to defend against eurasias next action. It’s a question of the utility of the wit. But I don’t feel strongly either way.[hr]
Btw we need to reach consensus by tomorrow afternoon, at which point we will be at 4 days.

I think a boosted soldier might be better than the sniper. The sniper forces us to use the mobi to get it into play where as the soldier can get into the middle if needed.

Since it doesn’t look like they have vision at B5, I’d be ok with an unboosted soldier too as that would save us an extra wit. B5 is also out of range from their mobi so we don’t need to worry about it being attacked.

I don’t think an unboosted soldier on b5 would be Terrible. I’m just having trouble anticipating where we would recall the soldier to next turn. I don’t think we will get another chance to boost him.

What about D7? Its closer to the middle, in case they attack

The idea where we put soldier on B5 was so we could take out their heavy.

Yeah, I mean, it’s generally very wit efficient to boost soldiers, so I’m ok with boosting.

I’d go with B5 over D7. B5 is still out of range of their runner so they wouldn’t know what we did. Also, their heavy is worth attacking, though we’ll need to be careful that they get vision on the left and move their heavy out of range though.

Move played with boosted soldier to b5. We were at 4 days.