H3 Mobi to I5 (1)
Warp D1 sniper to H5 (1)
Kill E7 soldier with soldier/sniper (1)
F3 runner to F7 (1)
Kill our runner E8 (0)
K5 soldier to H6 (1)
J5 soldier to G6 (1)

Discuss our move.

Hmm, so at the end of last turn we were unsure of 2 wits. Looks like they had used one of them to move their mobi to H3, and another to boost their mobi. So it looks like they had 0 wits banked and they used 7 wits this turn so no banked wits for them for next turn.

We seem to be in a tough position here since all our soldiers are out of range. At best we can take out the 2hp runner and a 4hp soldier, but I think that would force us to move our heavy to a bad spot. That would leave them still with a sniper, mobi, and 2 4hp soldiers.

This is the first idea that comes to mind, though I have no idea how good it is.

• Move mobi to F9 (1)
  • Mobi A5 soldier to F8 (1)
  • Kill 2hp soldier (0)
  • Move heavy to F7 (1)
  • Attack F6 soldier (1)
  • Move 2hp runner to E7 (1)
  • Kill soldier (0)
  • Move J9 soldier to G9 (1)
  • Move spawn soldier to H9 (1)

One other thought is to move the 2 hp runner onto their spawn spot. But then we wouldn’t be able to kill a unit. Not sure if that’s better to prevent them from using their spawn next turn?

My initial thoughts are, we’re dead. We can’t kill their base before they kill ours. Therefore, our only option is clever defense. And we don’t have a lot to work with on that front. I blame their FTA :wink:

After looking at it a little more, one option for our move is as follows:

1. Move mobi to F9 (1 wit)
  2. Warp 4hp soldier from J9 to F8, KILL their 2hp runner (1 wit)
  3. Move 3hp soldier from J11 to H9, BOOST him with I9 medic (2 wits)
  4. Fly B4 runner to D1 (1 wit)
  5. Move A5 soldier to B3 (1 wit)

Bank 1 wit.

This allows us to live for 1-2 turns with the potential to kill their base if they don’t recall forces to deal with it.

Haha Gavin I was hoping you would see something that I didn’t. :slight_smile:

It looks bleak. We have to defend, but not sure how long we can hold out. I will take a long look when I have more time and make specific recommendations.[hr]
Anyway they got us…we should have seen this. Granted the mobi location is a surprise, but they could have done this anyway with mobi on K3.

Another possible idea:

• Move heavy to F8 (1)
  • Kill 2hp runner (0)
  • Move 4HP soldier to G9 (1)
  • Move 2hp runner to D1 (1)
  • Move A5 soldier to B3 (1)
  • Mobi J11 soldier to D6 (1)
  • Move mobi to A4 (1)
  • Bank the last wit

I don’t think they can win the next turn(?), and we can if they don’t do anything to defend.

Move heavy to F8, kill runner (1)
Move soldier to wit space to block the soldiers (1)
Move runner to their spawn(1)
Move soldier to B3 (1)
Move Mobi to A4 (1)
Spawn runner and move to A3 (2)

I don’t see how they can shoot base AND get past buffed heavy and soldier to win.

They can move mobi to F3 and sniper to E8 and snipe runner and spawn something to prevent us from winning the next turn. We could mobi snipe that mobi and kill the sniper with the A3 runner. That should give us an advantage
[hr]
I think[hr]
Wow so many posts appeared above mine, i thought about mine too long

heh similar idea as you golden griffin. But I think we need to save the wit to get a sniper out.

Spawn sniper (3)
Move mobi (1)
Teleport sniper (1)
Hit base (1)
Move soldier (1)
Attack base (1)

That’s 8 wits, but thinking about it some more, they’ll probably sit on our wit space so we’d only have 7 wits left… not enough to win.

So we’d need to save 2 wits this turn to have 8 next turn… since we’ll probably only get 6 out of it.

I thought about that but they could use a mobi to teleport the sniper to block the soldier and kill the runner at the same time.

Just in case you didn’t see that I edited my post above with a proposed move to discuss, here it is again:

— Begin quote from ‘Gavin Wins’ pid=‘53279’ dateline=‘1371654491’

Bank 1 wit.

This allows us to live for 1-2 turns with the potential to kill their base if they don’t recall forces to deal with it.

— End quote

Couldn’t they snipe+soldier kill the heavy and use the other soldier to kill mobi? Its only 4 wits. Then they could mobi over another soldier. They could mobi snipe+soldier the base their next turn i think[hr]
Oh never mind, we could move the H9 soldier over our wit space after attacking soldier thar killed our mobi

Yes, they could. But killing our mobi means they wouldn’t damage our base.

We would follow up by then doing 2 damage to their base, and we’d be set up to kill their base on the following turn with the soldier/scout already in position. All we’d have to do with our remaining wits is make it impossible for them to kill our base for 1 more turn. Which may be possible, depending what they do.

When I have more time I will do a wit count for them. I feel we should have pretty close to 100% knowledge now. For example, mobi is boosted, and they moved it from K3…

Yea, I’m pretty sure that they have 0 banked wits.

I agree that they spent all their wits last turn.

So there’s currently 2 proposals out there. Are there pros/cons for either?

— Begin quote from ‘Gavin Wins’ pid=‘53285’ dateline=‘1371655547’

Bank 1 wit.

— End quote

— Begin quote from ‘lawtai/TheGoldenGriffin’ pid=‘53281’ dateline=‘1371654863’

We both had variations on this main idea:

• Move heavy to F8 (1)

• Kill 2hp runner (0)

• Move mobi to A4 (1)

• 2 wits left to bank or do something else

— End quote

Interesting variation, lawtai/goldgriffin. It gets our mobi into offensive play and will allow us to win next turn if they don’t do anything about it. I might like your option better. But with one of the banked wits I would advise warping something with the mobi or moving our 3hp solider up to help with the center.

Edit: nvm, I saw that you’re saving 2 wits anticipating that we’ll lose a wit tile. Better to bank them then.

So thinking through some possible moves Eurasia will make based upon either of these choices:

— Begin quote from ‘Gavin Wins’ pid=‘53285’ dateline=‘1371655547’

Bank 1 wit.

— End quote

I’m not sure that they’d worry about taking out the runner on their spawn spot as to do that would take their mobi and sniper out of the action. I would think that the heavy would be the unit that they’d want to take out, so that would require 4 wits to take it out. With an open wit space, they’d have 3 wits left. It’d be either our mobi or the base. I would think that they’d use 2 wits to attack our base, and then 1 more to mobi the sniper to safety.

This would leave us with 7 wits to start our next turn as they’d be sitting on our wit space. With 7 wits, we would use 2 to damage their base, 1 to kill their soldier, and another 1 to move back onto the wit space. We’d then have 3 wits to maybe spawn a runner and move it to the middle to give them something else to worry about?

I think this move would be a possibility, though it would depend on them ignoring our runner on their spawn as that would prevent them from seeing our advanced soldier.

— Begin quote from ‘lawtai/TheGoldenGriffin’ pid=‘53281’ dateline=‘1371654863’

We both had variations on this main idea:

• Move heavy to F8 (1)

• Kill 2hp runner (0)

• Move mobi to A4 (1)

• 2 wits left to bank or do something else

— End quote

Again, this move would depend heavily on if they ignore our runner on their spawn spot or not. If they ignore it, I would think they’d still want to kill our heavy, so that would be 4 wits. With 3 wits, they could still damage our base, but wouldn’t be able to do anything to prevent us from winning the next turn. Though one possible issue is that they would see our mobi move to the wit space. This might give them pause and result in them playing more defense? I think that might be the downside to this move is that they see where our mobi goes to, but this move does give us a win the next turn if they don’t defend.

Also, if they have a choice between either the heavy and a 4hp soldier on the wit space, which one is more valuable to take out? Would it be the soldier on the wit space because they’d be able to take away 1 wit from us? Not sure that a heavy matters much against 4hp soldiers since it still requires 2 units to kill something?

Yeah, our heavy is irrelevant to them as their soldiers are all boosted. If their sniper were dead, our heavy would have more value.

In my opinion, the lawtai/GoldenGriffin approach is the better one. It forces them to spend wits not attacking, which is valuable to us right now.

However! I wonder how valuable it is to actually move our A5 soldier to B3. They are smart and will guess what we are up to over there. If they whisk their sniper up there to take out the runner on the spawn space, then realistically that prevents us from winning in the next turn, and our wits would then potentially be better spent strengthening our central defenses instead of trying to push the attack further. Unless we’re actually going to attack with that soldier, we might not want to spend the wit moving him north. Instead, maybe we could move him to, say, B5 or B6, so that he’ll be in range to help with the soldiers in the middle in the next turn. Or possibly not move him at all and save the wit. Not sure.

Having said that, we would still need to move the Mobi to A4 to give the impression that we are pushing for a last ditch attack. Too bad, I’d rather not do it unless we actually continued northward.

I am open to being completely wrong, so please argue with me if you disagree.

Well, if they do defend and use the mobi/sniper to take out our runner, that uses up 2 wits of their 7. They would also gain vision of our advanced soldier. The only way to then prevent the soldier from doing anything is to spawn something and move to either D2, D3, or E2 (sniper is on E3). This would take up at least another 2 wits or possibly 3 depending on what they spawned.

With at least 4 wits used, that prevents them from attacking anything we have. Also, even if they didn’t spawn anything, they can’t kill any of our units without that sniper there.

This also allows us to kill their sniper the next turn and also potentially kill off another soldier or at least get more units towards the middle. We’d still be able to warp the soldier back, so I’m not sure it’s a bad move to advance the soldier up.

Having the chance to win would be better I think than to just play defense without the risk to that advanced soldier.