America v Eurasia Turn 24

The passwords are in the outwitters forum

Nice job everyone!

I want to say hats off to GG for keeping this forum organized, such as having each turn be its own thread, the constant pictures and continually posting the charts and such. I say this because I just went over to the Eurasia forum and it is a mess. It took a little work, but I would argue that it played a small part in North Americas victory, as it was always easy to see what was going on and what other people were talking about and suggesting.

Also, it’s very interesting to read their deliberations around the last turn, a couple people were strongly in favour that we didn’t have enough wits, and the placement of the mobi on the wit space seems to be an accident/oversight more than anything.

Also, I don’t remember who first suggested that our being in mostly the same time zones would be an advantage, but they may have been right.

When we do another match, I plan to contribute more.

Yeah what are everyone’s thoughts on doing this again? Do you have the endurance? I know this game is nearing the end of its life (im sorry to say).

I, for one, would be happy to so this again, and serve as captain.

I’m not sure I have the endurance for another one. This was fun, but I’m slowly phasing myself out of outwitters. I don’t even play 1v1 anymore. GG’s 2v2 tournament will probably be my Swan song before I hang it up for good =)

I’m glad we did this though. Beating Eurasia was a big accomplishment, especially in the manner that we did. Well played everyone. And great job being captain, GG.

I’m pleased that I was able to contribute. The last thing I wanted was for team America to be embarrassed, which is a big part of the reason I signed on for this. We worked together and organized our discussion well. This was definitely one of the most memorable matches I’ve played. Surely OML will feature the replay this week.

— Begin quote from ‘GreatGonzales’ pid=‘54479’ dateline=‘1372567004’

Yeah what are everyone’s thoughts on doing this again? Do you have the endurance? I know this game is nearing the end of its life (im sorry to say).

I, for one, would be happy to so this again, and serve as captain.

— End quote

Me too. I’m sure the others players do.

Why do you think this game (Outwitters) is nearing to its end? Won’t they release new races and maps anymore? Is there any thread where they are talking about it? Any poll?

When the game takes so long to match up against someone, I think it’ll be near its end, anyway, I think they should have more ideas, races, maps, etc. they should motivate people through the “news”, in order to let people know what is going on these forums.

There will be no more content for Outwitters.

Source: http://onemanleft.com/2013/03/leftovers/

There were numerous chats about it in the forums around the time of that blog post, but I’m too lazy to go searching.

— Begin quote from ‘.Memories.’ pid=‘54483’ dateline=‘1372570125’

There will be no more content for Outwitters.

Source: http://onemanleft.com/2013/03/leftovers/

There were numerous chats about it in the forums around the time of that blog post, but I’m too lazy to go searching.

— End quote

Hahaha I see. These guys are very clever. I indeed can see it’s all about marketing. Look, they know how many people are playing this and that it was a great idea. The thing is they never thought the game was going to be liked by so many. So, it’s almost obvious they have a long-term plan to get a good quantity of money
Through a new better very similar game with better graphics, teams, and so on. Plus the big “surprise”. That’s it.

Money > Fans

Look at this prase, considering he was kind of saying “GOODBYE”:
“Maybe you’ll see some of them crop up in a future game”.

Moreover, they know the number of users is increasing since we can still see they don’t take the bonus spot in their first turn haha. BUT, the thing is they don’t want to keep on “wasting time and effort” without seeing enough money. I won’t be surprised if they decided to do bussiness with the other brands like android, mac, and windows. You just tap to play a league match and you will find the answer.

It is disappointing that OML isn’t producing more content for Outwitters. But it’s not surprising either. And they do plan to support it for a long time (ie servers remain active, bug fixes, ect). Honestly I really respect OML for creating such a polished game for such a low cost, and no micro transaction schemes or anything like that.