America vs Eurasia Turn 10

As I hoped, they opted to continue the game. You’ll have more background than ever for this turn, since we have 100% knowledge of the game for their first 4 turns:

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y0sKiAww

For turn 9, I only know they did two things:

G4 runner to L5, kill our runner
M6 soldier to J9, kill our sniper

6 wits unaccounted for.

Discuss our move.

My guess is that they put their heavy on the center wit?

What’s the best way to take out their soldier? Boosted sniper? Heavy?

— Begin quote from ‘lawtai’ pid=‘48747’ dateline=‘1367255763’

My guess is that they put their heavy on the center wit?

What’s the best way to take out their soldier? Boosted sniper? Heavy?

— End quote

I know this is aggressive, and I’ll be honest I haven’t thought through it 100%, but what if we:

1. Move Heavy up to G5, attack whatever is on the wit space (if anything).
  2. Spawn Sniper at B8, boost it.
  3. Move Mobi to center (positioning depends on what is on their wit space, but either F7 to hit wit space or G7 to hit base.
  4. Teleport Sniper to F6 or G6 (depends on Mobi placement).
  5. Snipe wit space or base.
    This will leave us with 1 or 0 wits. I’d say move up our left-side soldier for even more pressure.

I know this leaves their soldier bottom right, but if we can work out a way to do this where victory is guaranteed in 2 turns, that’d be wonderful. This was just something that popped into my head, so it probably has some horrible flaw - feel free to shoot it down :).

Well, we need to kill that soldier on the right side. A spawned sniper could do this in 3 wits, but that leaves it in range of the their 2hp scout. We could always move the sniper out of the way after it kills their soldier… or we could look at ways of killing the scout or even warping that spawned sniper to safety using the mobi.

But I’m looking at ways that we can attack the center this turn. Surely they put something on their center wit tile… putting the heavy there would make the most sense. We could kill it, but the cost would be too high by ignoring the stuff going on in the bottom right.

Well, if we ignore whatever’s on the bottom right, it looks like they have 2 choices. Attack our base down to 3 or 2 (using just soldier or soldier + runner) or cover up our right spawn with the soldier.

We know of 2 used wits, and assume 1 more used wit by moving a heavy to the center. That still leaves 5 wits unaccounted for and both spawns unused. I highly doubt they save all 5, so they probably spawn a soldier. Question is where that soldier would move.

Also, I don’t think we can leave our heavy there since it’d be too vulnerable the next turn.

We should try to make an agressive move before they spawn enough units to defend properly.

If I had to guess, I bet they made a boosted soldier this turn and advanced it to defend an attack on the center.

A boosted soldier moved towards the center uses 4 wits, so they probably banked the last one. I would guess J5 would be where they move the soldier so that it can be used in defense and attack.

If their soldier is on J5, it puts our mobi in a vulnerable spot if we want to take out the heavy at the center wit. Unless we use a boosted sniper, it can be reached by the right runner since we would need to put it at either F6, G6, or G7.

However, if that soldier isn’t on J5, I think it definitely puts them out of position to take out our heavy unless they use soldier + runner + runner.

Without vision on the right, it might be too risky to attempt an attack on their center wit.

How bout spawn a runner on right to see, spawn sniper on left and buff and teleport to kill soldier then move heavy back to avoid it getting killed by a heavy and runner. We’d save 2 wits

— Begin quote from ‘TheGoldenGriffin’ pid=‘48806’ dateline=‘1367286194’

How bout spawn a runner on right to see, spawn sniper on left and buff and teleport to kill soldier then move heavy back to avoid it getting killed by a heavy and runner. We’d save 2 wits

— End quote

Your suggestion is incredibly wit inefficient. You could accomplish the same move in 2 wits by warping the heavy back with the mobi, killing the soldier, and then buying a scout on the right side to see.

I’m not saying we should do that. I’m just saying that your suggestion is incredibly wit inefficient.

Oh i see. I was thinking about using a sniper to kill the soldier but then we can’t see so i decided to teleport the sniper over but then we can’t attack with the heavy without teleporting it to safety so i decided to move it back

I will chime in soon, sorry guys, busy week for me.

If we did decide to spawn a sniper on J11, we can retreat the sniper to I12 to put it out of the range of the runner. This would still keep our mobi and heavy in motion.

What about this for a move:

• Spawn sniper right spawn (3 wits)
  • Kill soldier
  • Move sniper to I12 (1 wit)
  • Move heavy to G9 (1 wit)
  • Spawn soldier left spawn (2 wit)
  • Boost soldier (1 wit)
  • Move soldier to D7 (1 wit)

Though this doesn’t give us any vision…

— Begin quote from ‘lawtai’ pid=‘48850’ dateline=‘1367349284’

• Kill soldier
  • Boost soldier (1 wit)

— End quote

Retreating the heavy seems like a weak move.
Not using the mobi seems like a weak move.

— Begin quote from ‘lawtai’ pid=‘48850’ dateline=‘1367349284’

• Kill soldier
  • Boost soldier (1 wit)

— End quote

We could mobi a runner over since your not using it

I think we need to be aggressive. We have a lot of momentum, I’d hate to lose it.

What if we move our E12 runner to G8 and then decide what to do next? If they have a soldier on J5, wouldn’t it be hard to be aggressive without losing our mobi/sniper?

Ok, for the purposes of my suggestion I make the following assumptions about their placements:

-they have a boosted soldier on J5
-the have a 4hp heavy on G4
-they have nothing in range of G9
-they have 1 wit banked

This will give them 8 wits to play with on their next turn.

If the above is true, this proposal could possibly give us a “forced win” on our next turn:

1. Mobi our 4hp heavy to I9, kill their soldier (1 wit)
  2. Spawn medic on B8 (2 wits)
  3. Move spawned medic to B5, heal soldier (2 wits)
  4. Move boosted soldier to C3 (1 wit)
  5. Move mobi to E8 (1 wit)

This allows us to bank 2 wits, giving us 9 on the following turn. With these 9 wits we will be able to

1. Attack their base from the left side with our boosted soldier (2 wits) [they cant stop this]
  2. Spawn a sniper (3 wits)
  3. Move our mobi in position to potentially sniper shot their base from G5 (3 wits) [they could potentially block this… and if they did, we’d use the mobi to save our 4hp soldier and set up a stronger attack on the left side of their base]

The only drawback is their 2hp runner on L5 would see our mobi move. But the mobi’s move is kind of a feint anyway, as the sniper landing zone will be G5, not the left side of their base. So I think their scout seeing the mobi move to the left is fine.

This of course only works if my assumptions are correct. We could use our G12 runner for scouting, but I think in the event they block the fatal sniper shot on our next turn, we would need that runner to defend their counter attack and he shouldn’t be moved.

I’m ok with that move, though that definitely only works if they didn’t create a runner on the left side.

I think even if they did have a runner, we’d still be ok since our heavy would be available for defense. It would’ve cost us a bunch of wits though since we use 4 to make a new medic and boost the soldier.