America vs Eurasia Turn 10

I think we could just move the mobi and I would think that it’d still be safe.

They could potentially have built two runners, moved one to G4, one to I5 or something. If this is true then our mobi is not safe on E8, or in its current position with our E12 runner blocking on G9. However, we would know this if we moved the E12 runner up, and would have an opportunity to move the mobi away to safety.[hr]
We could build a soldier right, move to J9. This threatens L5 runner, and it makes it impossible for them to kill our mobi.

Building 2 runners would’ve been a pretty weak defense though right?

With 3 wits, we could:

• move medic to D11
  • boost runner
  • move runner to G9. That should keep our runner and mobi safe.[hr]
    Your soldier idea is probably better than the medic/runner move.

— Begin quote from ‘lawtai’ pid=‘49099’ dateline=‘1367604585’

Building 2 runners would’ve been a pretty weak defense though right?

— End quote

It’s true…but, they know we have nothing in center except for heavy, and they know our E12 runner is still down there. They could have planned to defend by overwhelming us with units. It does seem unlikely though.

— Begin quote from ____

With 3 wits, we could:

• move medic to D11
  • boost runner
  • move runner to G9. That should keep our runner and mobi safe.[hr]
    Your soldier idea is probably better than the medic/runner move.

— End quote

But then our medic is in bad position.

I think we need to figure out if it’s more worthwhile to move our mobi or to get a stronger unit on the map. If mobi positioning is more important, then we should move our runner up for vision then move the mobi.

Assuming they cannot kill the mobi somehow, we can expect them to kill our C3 soldier. They will know that we have spawned a medic and moved it to B5 or A5, so I expect them to kill it with the heavy and a runner, which would be in position to take our wit space next turn. Anyway, it would be nice if we can afford to move mobi to E8, as this is a better position for defense of left side, also for offense. We could move the E12 runner up to ensure that it is safe, and then move mobi to E8 if so. But if it is not safe, we will have to make a wit-inefficient move.

To be clear, though, it’s probably safe to move mobi, only risk is that they have 2 runners in center, which seems unlikely.

I think we might want to assume that they guessed what our attack plans were and planned their own move to prepare for it.

Where do we move Mobi to for safety if we move E12 runner to G9? We still won’t be able to see if there’s a runner at H3.

You’d want to move the runner to G8.

— Begin quote from ‘TheGreatErenan’ pid=‘49104’ dateline=‘1367605386’

I think we might want to assume that they guessed what our attack plans were and planned their own move to prepare for it.

Where do we move Mobi to for safety if we move E12 runner to G9? We still won’t be able to see if there’s a runner at H3.

— End quote

That’s true.

Maybe we should just build soldier on right, move to J9 and call it a day. We will have to play defense on left side for a turn, but it should be ok.

What if we move the E12 runner to G8 first to see what’s there and to see if it’s safe to move our mobi. If it’s safe, we move the mobi. If not, we build a runner and move it to J9. That should still be enough to prevent our mobi from getting killed.

— Begin quote from ‘lawtai’ pid=‘49109’ dateline=‘1367606784’

What if we move the E12 runner to G8 first to see what’s there and to see if it’s safe to move our mobi. If it’s safe, we move the mobi. If not, we build a runner and move it to J9. That should still be enough to prevent our mobi from getting killed.

— End quote

I don’t like G8 because it is too far forward, and we cannot easily retaliate. G9, the mobi can warp a unit in to kill whatever kills the runner.

If G8 is too far forward, that doesn’t give you any vision to H3 at G9. If you’d rather not have G8, then I’d be ok with just building a soldier and calling it a day.

Yes, since we’re going to lose our existing soldier in a minute anyway.

Question: is K8 better placement for soldier than J9? K8 would also protect mobi from L5 runner, and it is in range of the wit space. However, if they have a soldier at J5, they can kill the K8 soldier next turn.

— Begin quote from ‘GreatGonzales’ pid=‘49113’ dateline=‘1367607769’

Question: is K8 better placement for soldier than J9? K8 would also protect mobi from L5 runner, and it is in range of the wit space. However, if they have a soldier at J5, they can kill the K8 soldier next turn.

— End quote

Move the soldier to K8. Our heavy is in range of anything that kills that soldier, and we can back it up with another unit from our right spawn tile.

It’s a shame that they didn’t move that heavy. I’m really confused by their move. Seems like if we had scouted first we could have blown up the center of their base this turn.

Remember, we still don’t actually know what they did with those 6 wits.

What if they put a new runner on M6? Probably unlikely, but then they could kill our Mobi.

I am concerned that they will take our G9 wit space, hit base or something, and leave runner there. If it is boosted, will be annoying to kill.

Depends on if they have any banked wits. 0 banked wits and I think they can only take our forward soldier or the K8 soldier, but not both.

If they have a runner in range of our forward soldier already, then it’s 3 wits to kill it. It’ll take 3 wits to kill a soldier at K8. So they probably could do it.

An M6 runner would be able to kill our mobi if they also have one on G4, and we go with the K8 soldier, yes. But that seems very unlikely to me.