America vs Eurasia Turn 10

It seems like it’s still likely that they have a boosted soldier on J5. They just banked 2 wits instead of 1 by not moving the heavy.

This means they have enough for a mobi next turn… but they probably won’t build one. They’ll kill our soldier on the left.

I am paranoid about the game forfeiting on us, and will be making some move soon. Speak now or forever hold your peace.[hr]

— Begin quote from ‘Gavin Wins’ pid=‘49120’ dateline=‘1367608952’

It seems like it’s still likely that they have a boosted soldier on J5. They just banked 2 wits instead of 1 by not moving the heavy.

This means they have enough for a mobi next turn… but they probably won’t build one. They’ll kill our soldier on the left.

— End quote

Yes I think so too…we are over-thinking with the fear of runners. Yet, they have surprised us before.

I say go for it.

Um.

Ok, sorry guys. I don’t know how this happened, but I accidentally submitted the turn.

I did not build a soldier on right and move to K8. We banked 3 wits, turn is submitted.

I feel horrible, sorry guys! Again, I don’t know how that happened…must have accidentally pressed the submit button with a sleeve or something. This is a great example of why there should be a confirm button.

Good news is…it’s not the worst. But it’s not great either. Let’s hope they didn’t have a runner on G4, or the mobi is toast.

:’(

well, if we think that they banked 2 wits, then our mobi should still be safe since they’d have nothing on the center wit.

Well, I’m hopeful that they put a boosted soldier on J5. If that’s the case, I don’t think they’d spend the other two wits putting a new runner on G4. But I guess we’ll see…

For the next turn, we need to get on top of our planning with intensity much sooner. For this one, we dawdled, and it hurt our ability to decide on a great move. We need to allow time for thoughtful changes of plans in the middle of our already chosen course of action, since that’s happened to us a couple times already.

Yes I’m sorry I was not more involved until the end; I had a very busy week.

Man, what a bad turn for us! Sure brought us down to earth. Salvageable situation, even in the worst case scenario, but still. Sheesh.

The practical effect of this turn was that we just “undid” the wit advantage we had built over them by killing their mobi. They’re back on par with us now.

Next turn we should probably mobi our advanced medic to our right side for boosting purposes. We’ll also need vision and protected wit tiles.

I will, of course, be more careful in the future regarding accidental turn submission.