They started with 11, right?

Discuss our move.

Yes, so they’ll have 13 wits next turn.

How about:

• Spawn soldier
  • Boost soldier
  • Move soldier to F8
    And the protect the medic

I think it might be time to move our soldier up to I3 (where they moved theirs) to block off vision.

I would then consider creating a soldier and buffing it. We’re going to need soldiers eventually. If we move it, maybe we can move it where they don’t have vision to at least hide what we’re doing for a few rounds.

We could also just spawn a soldier and move him to I3.[hr]
I don’t know, maybe move a buffed soldier to G6. It’s not a complex or hidden move, but it’s a solid one. We are going to need soldiers eventually, and at G6, they wouldn’t dare push that close to our base with our saved wits. We can choose where to attack with if our soldier is on G6, as it can go either side or up the middle.

Well we are basically in the exact same situation as last turn. They could kill medic, runner, and bring boosted scrambler in range of whatever retaliates on the soldier. Need to be prepared for that response.

As long as we have enough wits to spawn a scrambler to H7, I think we are safe from that response. In the unlikely scenario they do end up doing that, we can move the soldier from G6 to G7, and spawn our scrambler to H7.

Yea, I agree about spawning a soldier.

I like a boosted soldier to G6 and then ending the turn with 7 wits banked.

Since we are basically in the same position as last time, we could consider something similar to our last turn (probably heal the heavy and maybe move soldier). Is it a complete wash with runner trading or does one side benefit more than the other? In terms of wits and units I think it is, but in terms of position, control, and vision I think it benefits us a little more.

Yes, we could do the exact same thing as last turn…but maybe this time boost the heavy. Warrants some deeper thought to look ahead and see who wins out in this trading war.

I don’t think anybody wins out, other than both sides will have so many wits that it will be nearly impossible to attack without being completely scrambled.

To play offensively I would: (kind of crazy)

• move K3 soldier to I3 (1)
  • spawn scrambler and heal it (8)
  • move scrambler to F8 (1)
  • bank 1 wit

To play defensively I would:

• move soldier to I3 (1)
  • spawn soldier/heal it (3)
  • move new 4hp soldier to G6 (1)
  • kill their medic (optional) (1)
  • bank 5/6 wits

Well, I’m actually not sure about moving the top soldier to I3. If they will be able to see that we created a soldier and boosted it, I think it’s kind of pointless doing that move on this turn. That’s my opinion of course. I might be wrong.

This is how it looks their side, just in case

http://i.imgur.com/cPBlxUnl.jpg[hr]

Actually, I don’t think it’d be too crazy getting a scrambler out on the map already. I’d be willing to go for that since they would be guessing as to what we made.

Even though it is similar to turn 3, I think there are a lot more good options. They know we have plenty of wits for bringing out a scrambler, so they are less likely to attack, I think. Here are some reasonable possibilities for spawning a unit and moving it:

1. Runner and kill theirs just like turn 3. We could even consider boosting it to force them to kill it with there heavy. That may be a better thought when we can spawn a scrambler right behind it to get the heavy.
  2. Runner and leave on spawn. Expect to kill their 1hp runner in turn 7 (and spawn/move more aggressively).
  3. Sniper and move out. We’d probably want to move the soldier up to block their vision. This is an easier route to get to the ledge covering their wit.
  4. Soldier to center.
  5. Scrambler to h7 or f8.
  6. Scrambler to j3 and put soldier in front first.

Any of may include boosting the spawned unit or the heavy. Moving the soldier may also be reasonable.

Since I see an immediate plan attack on the next turn that seems beneficial (more than runner trading), I prefer #2 - spawning a runner and leaving it. #1 also seems slightly beneficial for us. I think we try keeping the initiative as long as it is not bad for us.

Anybody think we have immediate threats? Unless we use too many wits this turn and they see it, I don’t think we do.

For other spawning options does anybody else see ways to maintain initiative?

I think spawning a runner and leaving it allows them to take the first stab at being aggressive. I’d be move in favor of doing something that would allow us to do more to dictate the moves than to have to react to their moves.

I wouldn’t go for option 1, that’s exactly what we’ve been defending against and they easily have enough wits to spawn a scrambler to defend just like we’ve been discussing if they took our runner then we countered with the heavy on wit.

I have always liked the sniper up the predeployed soldier side personally (is that option 3?)(that’s how I just won my last game). It would seem to be a lot more safe from scramblers, as the hole provides excellent coverage and extends your vision (just the soldier can see a whole lot for example). It also keeps control over the middle and can be used as cover to move a scrambler up that side.

But then again, I haven’t played against good feedback players on Glitch…

There is no real certainty to the situation ATM, but the sniper to the predeployed side seems to be unconventional and I like it. I used it as a variation of the poweewee opening in my first ever friendly with Mag!c, managed to take out his heavy turn 3/5. However, it puts the sniper in an awkward spot and is susceptible to a mid or left rush.

When we killed their runner in turn 3, they could have killed out both our runners with soldier&heavy followed by spawning and moving a scrambler (no boost). If we did almost the same thing as turn 3, the only difference is now they could also boost the scrambler. If they put the scrambler on B5 or C6, a boost probably isnt needed. I think that attack was more likely in turn 4 than it would be in turn 6 (if we attacked the runner again) because they know we have plenty of banked wits for a scrambler response (where we would come out ahead).

Another option might be to put the heavy in front of the medic, move the medic out of the way (h7 or j4), and spawn/move a sniper toward the center. We could go after that 3hp soldier with it (via g7, f7). Or if he attacks our runner, we’d have a relatively safe kill of that soldier. I don’t like all the extra movement for that to happen, though. A sniper might be nice to have since it doesn’t need to come as close to their side (to attack) and run as much risk of being scrambled.

What if they do this:

Medic to D6 (1)
Boost C6 soldier (1)
C6 soldier to D8, kill runner (1)
Spawn scrambler (7)
Move scrambler to C6 (1)
Move G2 runner to G6, kill medic (1)
Move heavy to E5 (1)

Or some permutation of this. I think we may be OK with this version specifically, because we can scramble the runner, but you can see that some variation could be problematic unless we are prepared. Boosted soldier means we need 2 units to kill it… Thoughts?

If they did that, having a scrambler on F8 would easily take care of the problem. We would need vision initially, but we would be able to take care of their scrambler with our own.

The only reason I find killing their runner is get more wits saved up, and they might do the same, with the same reason.

— Begin quote from ‘lawtai’ pid=‘56177’ dateline=‘1374179912’

If they did that, having a scrambler on F8 would easily take care of the problem. We would need vision initially, but we would be able to take care of their scrambler with our own.

— End quote

If they see that we have a scrambler on F8, they wouldn’t put a scrambler on C6.

— Begin quote from ‘GreatGonzales’ pid=‘56176’ dateline=‘1374179225’

What if they do this:

Medic to D6 (1)
Boost C6 soldier (1)
C6 soldier to D8, kill runner (1)
Spawn scrambler (7)
Move scrambler to C6 (1)
Move G2 runner to G6, kill medic (1)
Move heavy to E5 (1)

Or some permutation of this. I think we may be OK with this version specifically, because we can scramble the runner, but you can see that some variation could be problematic unless we are prepared. Boosted soldier means we need 2 units to kill it… Thoughts?

— End quote

I would prefer to prevent that scene personally. I would agree with putting a soldier on G6, without moving the top soldier to I3. We will need some strong units in the middle soon.