AvE Game 2 turn 7

Looks like they did:

Spawn soldier
Boost soldier
Move soldier up
End turn

Added bonus - you can see a text from my girlfriend! :p[hr]
Whoops. Giant photos…sorry :confused:

Ooh. So basically they did what we almost did, which is protect their medic. They should know we have a scrambler.

So they started with 13 wits and only used 4. They’ll have 15 to start the next turn. Probably a good turn for them to bring out a scrambler next turn I’d think.

My first thought is: spawn a boosted soldier, move in front of medic. Perhaps also move up the right soldier.

That was my first inclination too. However, this is really predictable. Is there something they might not expect that would be and equally good move?

— Begin quote from ‘Doodat’ pid=‘56791’ dateline=‘1374767938’

That was my first inclination too. However, this is really predictable. Is there something they might not expect that would be and equally good move?

— End quote

It’s not a bad idea to be predictable if you’re doing something smart. I like building a boosted soldier, and I also like moving up the soldier on the right.

— Begin quote from ‘GreatGonzales’ pid=‘56755’ dateline=‘1374720739’

Added bonus - you can see a text from my girlfriend! :stuck_out_tongue:

— End quote

I like how you don’t even have her as a contact, just a number ;).

— Begin quote from ‘.Memories.’ pid=‘56796’ dateline=‘1374770366’

— Begin quote from ‘GreatGonzales’ pid=‘56755’ dateline=‘1374720739’

Added bonus - you can see a text from my girlfriend! :stuck_out_tongue:

— End quote

I like how you don’t even have her as a contact, just a number ;).

— End quote

Yeah don’t have contact info on iPad :slight_smile:

I’m good with the boosted soldier in front of medic and moving the right soldier up too.

what do you guys think about a soldier and/or the heavy one more hex up (F6&G5)? This will let us establish more control of the center.

another thought might be a sniper on this turn.

I don’t think there is any risk of attack next turn. I think we know their position and wits quite precisely. They don’t know ours but are probably guessing we have a scrambler.

If we bring out a sniper, would we want it in the middle? That would also require us to move the medic again which seems like a waste of a wit right now?

I edited this, I think I agree with GG, I’d mirror what they did and make a boosted soldier in front of our medic. I’d also move the soldier to I3.

I think this is conservative, but the following turns, I see us setting up some winning turn where we scramble the runner, can kill a scrambler if there is one behind their wit with our soldier, and scramble the other soldier at C6. Their scrambled runner on the wit can hit the back of their base without being able to be killed in one turn, and the scrambled soldier can hit the base. In theory, if we had enough wits and out runner from the wit could hit their base, we’d win.

Of cousre it could go horribly wrong and we would lose…but in any case, a soldier in front of medic like they did is a safe and solid move.

I think we should probably bring a boosted soldier out too. But where? G6, g5, or f6?

How about heavy to e7? What I’m thinking is attack such that if they scramble, that unit is blocked and we scramble their scrambler. I think we’ll need to figure out how to do something like that at some point. Otherwise we’ll never attack and they will find a clever attack.

Any thoughts about moving our units to the front line? Current soldier, new soldier and heavy?

I’m ok with just playing it safe too. Boosted soldier to g6 and side soldier to i3.

— Begin quote from ‘Thrutchy’ pid=‘56846’ dateline=‘1374808880’

I think we’ll need to figure out how to do something like that at some point. Otherwise we’ll never attack and they will find a clever attack.

— End quote

This is true. We should have and idea about how we’d do an offensive move. For example, when I have played against poweewee, I’ve realized that if we don’t come up with some good attack, he will set a good positioning that make us weak in some point.

I like a boosted soldier on G6 and the top soldier on I3 though. It’s a very basic move but it’s pretty safe. But anyway we have to take that point into account.

Btw, this is how it’d look their side and the map diagram for our reference:

Thanks for posting what their side if the map looks like!

I agree with the idea of a boosted soldier and move up the soldier on the right. My only suggestion would be to blur out your girlfriend’s phone number to prevent prank calls.

Oh, I trust you guys like my own family. :stuck_out_tongue:

But, once you open up the forum when the game is over, others will see…

jesusfuentesh, thanks for posting their view and the map with named hexes. Those are quite useful.

Any opinions about how we might attack in the future? Any thoughts about what they are up to?

With their current setup, it seems like they’re trying to get ready to control the middle. Maybe they bring out a sniper next turn and block the center with the heavy and soldier?

I see perceive their boosted soldier move last turn to mean that they are playing conservatively. They are as scared of us as we are of them. Since we are both feedback, there are really only two ways to go as I see it: ready a overwhelming attack, or be prepared to counter attack using scrambler.

For our move, I think soldier to i3, boosted soldier to either g5 or g6. As for which one, it’s a question of how we want to position ourselves in the future… Normally I like to control the middle but the threat of scrambler makes that difficult. Nevertheless, I find myself thinking about spawning a sniper and sending towards center next turn, and having soldier at g6 will limit the sniper’s usefullness.

Sooooo… G6 is safer. But wondering how much utility a soldier there has. It is certainly a defensive position. But I’m not sure we can necessarily hold center. So I am torn.