Beans Dilemma (Winner Announced!)

Yes, thanks! I’ll edit the rules to make that clear.

@Doodat @LegacyofEight @spccsc

How do we want to communicate strategy? How do you start a PM like GreatErenan sent us? I can’t figure it out. Is that the best way?

If you click on your avatar in the upper right corner and then click on Messages, from there you should be able to create a new message, and then you should be able to add multiple recipients to the Message.

15 hours remaining in Round One as of this post.

@amoffett11 @LegacyofEight @Doodat @spccsc @Apple @Frosty @Flarp55

All players have submitted their beans for Round One, and as a result, Round One has ended. Here are the results:

The Blue Team submitted more beans in Round One and receives 1 point.
The Red Team submitted fewer beans in Round One and therefore I shall reveal that collectively they submitted 4 beans in Round One.

Round Two begins now and will end on April 17 at 11:00 PM PDT. Countdown is here.

Please conduct your discussions and submit your beans for Round Two when ready.

The time for Round Two has expired, and as a result, Round Two has ended. Here are the results:

The Red Team submitted more beans in Round Two and receives 1 point.
The Blue Team submitted fewer beans in Round Two and therefore I shall reveal that collectively they submitted 8 beans in Round Two.

The current score is:

Red Team: 1
Blue Team: 1

Round Three begins now and will end on April 20 at 2:00 AM PDT. Countdown is here.

Please conduct your discussions and submit your beans for Round Three when ready.

The time for Round Three has expired, and as a result, Round Three has ended. Here are the results:

The Red Team submitted more beans in Round Three and receives 1 point.
The Blue Team submitted fewer beans in Round Three and therefore I shall reveal that collectively they submitted 3 beans in Round Three.

The current score is:

Red Team: 2

Round Four begins now and will end on April 22 at 8:00 AM PDT. Countdown is here.

Please conduct your discussions and submit your beans for Round Four when ready.

The time for Round Four has expired, and as a result, Round Four has ended. Here are the results:

The Red Team submitted more beans in Round Four and receives 1 point.
The Blue Team submitted fewer beans in Round Four, and therefore I shall reveal that collectively they submitted 4 beans in Round Four.

The current score is:

Red Team: 3

This means that the game has ended, and the Red Team is the winning team!

The final remaining bean counts are as follows:

amoffett11: 3
LegacyofEight: 1
Doodat: 0
spccsc: 0

Apple: 8
Frosty: 9
Flarp55: 13

:fireworks: Congratulations to amoffett11 for being the overall winner! :fireworks:

I enjoyed this. I would play again. I also would run it, if @TheGreatErenan wanted to play.

Did Flarp55 miss the deadlines, or was he just being way too frugal?

I want to upload my spreadsheet for this game so that you can all see the exact choices everyone made in every round, but I’m at work, and this computer will not let me upload files anywhere. I can’t even attach it to an email. So once I get home I’ll put it up on the web for you all to see the details.

I didn’t see any of the private discussions you all presumably had, so I can’t really comment on why people made the choices they made, places where they deceived each other, etc., but Flarp55 did miss the deadlines in rounds 3 and 4 (though he said that he wanted to deposit 0 beans in round 3 anyway). Several other people missed deadlines once or twice, actually. In any case, Apple submitted his beans first in Round 4, and Frosty and Flarp55 didn’t have enough beans between them to make up the difference between their bean usage and the Red Team’s, so actually it didn’t matter whether they made the deadline or not in the final round. So I already knew how it was going to end once the Red Team finished submitting their beans and Apple had submitted his.

I would love to play if you hosted another go at this game.

Also, the Korean show I got this from is here, if anyone is interested (that’s episode 8, so if you want to start from the beginning, look here for all the episodes). I highly recommend this show, by the way, although there are a few things I didn’t completely like about it, and some of the games are a little bit broken (e.g. in the final game in the last episode, there is a situation where the optimal move for both players was to pass their turns, and there was no limit to how many times they could pass and no penalties for passing either).

P.S. @amoffett11 You get to pick a topic for the prize. No idea on what kind of turnaround will be involved here though. :slight_smile:

crap, missed the deadline :flushed:

Here’s the spreadsheet.

Interesting…@amoffet11 so tricky…putting in 3 when we agreed on four

Round 3 LOL

I missed the deadline too…

I knew @amoffett11 was the sneakiest on the other team. I thought @Doodat would have been sneaky too though.

But I’m trustworthy! :cry:

The only trustworthy one it would seem!! :stuck_out_tongue: I think I focused on the team aspect more than the individual but next time I’m playing cut throat!

For my prize, I will select ‘Midnight Tides’