Bug Report Thread

To tidy up the forum a bit, you can post your bugs and mysterious happenings in this thread, or http://www.onemanleft.com/contact with the topic “Bug Report”. Thanks for helping us track these down!

I am not receiving any points for wins, or reductions for losses. I ranked last night and was getting points for wins moving up the ladder normally. This morning I have won 8 and lost 2 and have got no points, no movement on the ladder. Actually I have moved down the ladder due to other players getting points.

Deleted game, reinstalled. Same. Logged out of GC, back in, same.

GC name: shadysmurf

While I was watching some replays posted in this board, I noticed that even when I pressed the paused button, the match still kept going.

Requested new league game, started first, made my moves, but when I clicked the end turn button, it said that it wasn’t my turn.[hr]
Another problem: Received invite but when I clicked on the game from the list, the app died. Kept happening; in the end I rejected the invite.

It seems that when watching 1v1 replays where someone surrendered, the turn immediately before the surrender is not displayed.

%url% It was a 3 turn game, but only shows 2 of those turns.

In other, related news, I just won my first placement match! Woot! :stuck_out_tongue:

The in-game font only supports alphanumeric characters (plus a couple of common characters) in bold (= replay & game-over screen) while the regular font (= games page) does also support umlauts. Any chance you can get the font to do that in bold too?

Started a Pre rank game watched opponent take first turn. Went back to games list and watched a replay. Try to go back to the game still in my list and now it lists my opponent and another player. If I try to open the game it crashes the app.

My gc is shadowkhai77 my opponent was GotAsian and now the game lists him playing aaroncabral

The game appears to be progressing but I’m afraid that whoever wins will end up giving me a loss.

To follow up after they finished the game, it appeared with both their names listed as an invite. Clicking on it still crashed the app, but I was able to get rid of it by declining.

#1- I believe is very overpowered
#3&8 - Glitches I encountered on iPad 3 and iPhone 4S ( don’t know if others encountered them)
The rest are just feature requests -Thanks
PLEASE FIX/ADD:
1)!!spawn Blocking when enemy is on spawn point is very over powered!!
2) time limit on players that refuse to move when loosing
3) Crash Bug-making or joining game
4) ability to delete completed games
5)AI mode- ( with Game Center achievements…loved sarcastic achievements in TTL)
6) Bluetooth Multiplayer
7) Lightning Mode
8) Glitch where map orientation is reversed

I am frequently experiencing a bug where after I submit my turn and go back to the games screen, it shows that I have no active games. I have to kill the app and restart it, then it shows my games again. Happens about 50% of the time I submit a move. Could be related to the fact that I recently changed my Game Center nickname.

— Begin quote from ‘ins0mniac’ pid=‘1598’ dateline=‘1341631496’

1)!!spawn Blocking when enemy is on spawn point is very over powered!!

— End quote

Given the rules of Outwitters, there is no way around it - there cannot be two units on the same hex. Also: you can prevent it.

1. time limit on players that refuse to move when loosing

— End quote

There is one: 7 days.

1. ability to delete completed games

— End quote

Once you tap the checkmark-button on a completed game, it will go to the bottom of the list where at most 5 recently finished games will be shown for you to watch their replays without fog of war.

5)AI mode- ( with Game Center achievements…loved sarcastic achievements in TTL)

— End quote

While I do agree on the witty achievements, an AI for Outwitters isn’t something you can whip up in a matter of weeks. See http://www.onemanleft.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=15.

1. Glitch where map orientation is reversed

— End quote

All maps are mirror-inverted symmetrical and your position on the map and color are randomly determined, so I think that’s not a glitch.

correct me if I am wrong. but this long nine map seems First turn advantage. then keep pushing with runner and waiting for other makes error and win. If not, then it will be a forever game.

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIQCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Yw-UmDA

I’ve purchased the uber pack on my iPad, but I can’t start a game with anyone but Pirates on my iPhone. (I also changed my Game Center username after I started playing.)

— Begin quote from ‘3333qwe’ pid=‘1632’ dateline=‘1341652948’

correct me if I am wrong. but this long nine map seems First turn advantage. then keep pushing with runner and waiting for other makes error and win.

— End quote

Firstly, if one loses a game because of a mistake, it’s not FTA (merely an FTA-induced mistake).

Secondly, you’re correct - Long Nine features some interesting openings that’ll be hard to counter. I do not understand your turn 1 Soldier, however, so I think this is the point where you should have a brief look around the map with a Runner, then perhaps use your Sniper to your advantage.

But most importantly… in this particular case all of this could’ve been prevented. Why, for instance, didn’t you just buff your Runners to 2 HP Runners if you already knew it’d be a forever tradeoff? :slight_smile:
Turn 6 was also really awkward. Rather use the Heavy to get rid of that Soldier. This is what lost you the game, in fact.

The game screen kept showing up as empty until I forced the game to quit, and restarted. Oddly, even though the list was empty I was still getting notifications of my opponent having moved.

Two more wins today where I got an error when the screen goes white after you win, and no points were awarded. Frustrating.

— Begin quote from ‘shadysmurf’ pid=‘1668’ dateline=‘1341673717’

Two more wins today where I got an error when the screen goes white after you win, and no points were awarded. Frustrating.

— End quote

I had this yesterday 3 times in a row. Alex is surely scrambling to get to the bottom of this.

You can tap a piece to see its range, but this only works for the pieces of the player whose turn it isn’t. So for example say you finish your turn and are waiting for your opponent to make their next move. You would assume you could tap one of your opponent’s pieces to see that unit’s movement range just like you can during your own turn. However, since it is their turn, it doesn’t let you do this. Instead you can only click on your units to see their movement range. It’s not a huge issue since you can just count for yourself, but it seems like a bug to me.

I’m not sure I explained that clearly so if it needs clarification just say so.

This one isn’t nearly as important, but I encountered it in my first series of chats today:

[size=][font=Arial][align=center]Talking from the past, eh? Is the Doctor with this girl?[/align][/font][/size]

— Begin quote from ‘stevewastaken’ pid=‘1643’ dateline=‘1341659128’

I’ve purchased the uber pack on my iPad, but I can’t start a game with anyone but Pirates on my iPhone. (I also changed my Game Center username after I started playing.)

— End quote

Use the same Apple ID in both iDevice’s App Store and in game, select Store tab, and Restore Purchases.

“Bug:” In 2v2, you can’t check your mate’s movement path…
Thats a huge tactical fail!

Also i miss achievements sooo much!
Tilt to Live have a lot of cool achievements, and Outwitters have nothing?
I dont understand…