Elite Championship Replay 1 [Ryzuma (F) vs. tomasthundiyil (S) SFI]

After a little over a week of the Elite Championship underway, we have had a couple games finish already.

For this week’s game, the spotlight is going to be on the first game completed: Ryzuma (Feedback) vs. tomasthundiyil (Scallywags) on Sharkfood Island. (link is http://outwitters.com/replays/view/ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgIDggpzIpwoM#85 or outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgIDggpzIpwoM)

Both players start off with rather orthodox openings before tomasthundiyil transitions to a more defensive stance with an early bombshell. Ryzuma is looking to deny vision while advancing his scrambler into a decent position before placing his units in such a way that forces his opponent into a rough spot. After playing his turn, tomasthundiyil decides to forfeit since he had no way of surviving the next turn.

What do you guys think about the game? Do you think you could have played a certain turn better? Was there a way he could have survived the last turn?

On the last turn, tomas should have killed the upper soldier with the heavy. And the upper lower soldier with the runner.

That will barely hold, as tomas would lose both BS

Is it possible for me to watch the replay inside the game rather than on the website?

On your phone, come here and click on the second link in the first post (the one that starts with outwitters://).

If you click on the first link, there is a button on the bottom left that will take you to the in game replay

Also you can click on the link in the news feed of your outwitters app and it will go directly in game

I think he could have survived if he:

1. Killed the right runner with the heavy (6 wits left)
  2. Hit bottom 4hp soldier with bombshell (5 wits left) (bottom soldier at 1, middle soldier at 3)
  3. Used other bombshell to hit between runner and now 3hp soldier (5 wits) (runner dead, soldier at 2)
  4. Used soldier to finish now 2 hp solider next to it (5 wits)
  5. Used the top runner to take the runner on spawn (4 wits)
  6. Spawned soldier, moved and finished off lower 1 hp soldier (1 wits)
  7. Moved heavy to where upper runner was (0 wits)

here’s what the map would look like if he did the above:

with the above layout, I think he actually would have been in a very good state. Does anyone want to continue as Ryzuma with the map creator? You can fork the one I created and then keep going from his turn.

I edited what he could have done. The new result leaves nothing in range of scrambler and he can only take 1 unit. Also spawned a soldier and placed him in good range to protect against scrambler or push