Hex Gambit Bug Reports

Please copy this template and post a reply to this thread to report a bug. (For feature requests, please use this thread instead):

**Game Version:**

**Player Name:**

**Room:**

**Vs. Player Name:**

**What happened:**

**Expected behavior:**

**How to reproduce the bug (what did you do right before it occurred?):**

Thanks for your report!

Hex Gambit Feature Requests

Game Version:

Player Name:
lychyyyy

Room:

Vs. Player Name:
Harti

What happened:
When I clicked on my defender during my turn, the game considered it as my opponent’s defender and I was unable to control it

Expected behavior:
Defender is mine and carries out my order

How to reproduce the bug (what did you do right before it occurred?):
I don’t know for sure what happened, but I was Lolli, Harti was Abbacus, and we had a mix of defenders, brutes, soldiers, and motivators on the board

Game Version:

Player Name:
Harti

Room:
n/a (general issue)

Vs. Player Name:
n/a (general issue)

What happened:
After booting up Hex Gambit the first time, I was unable to click “Options”. “Play” worked fine. Only after I had created a game, I was able to go into my options menu.

Expected behavior:
The “Options” menu option should be responsive even if I don’t have any games.

I opened the game for the very first time.

Game Version:

Player Name:
Harti

Room:

Vs. Player Name:
4iSteven

What happened:
Cannot crowdsurf over own brute onto a certain tile (see screenshot).

Expected behavior:
That tile should be eligible for movement here. It was not possible to just try and click it; the Brute didn’t move there.

Not yet reproduced, will update if it’s just that tile that is affected. I used a melee attack before that.

Game Version:

Player Name:
Doodat | Texas

Room:

Vs. Player Name:
Harti

What happened:
His heavy stayed on the field even after dying to Penny’s activate (deal 1 to all). It gave me a VP, but the heavy is still there with no health bar.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/857234126984414931/7BD3084851DD9A6402CA817E56ABBC9C5FB05A77/

Expected behavior:
It dies after reaching 0 hp.

Activate Penny’s ability when minion is at 1 hp.

Game Version:

Player Name:
Harti

Room:
n/a (general issue)

Vs. Player Name:
n/a (general issue)

What happened:
Cannot add a friend to send an invitation when creating a new game: Clicking the “Fill Mode: Auto-Match” button will create a modal with a loading animation, but no other option than “Fill Mode: Auto-Match” will pop up.

Expected behavior:
Clicking said button reveals a list of friends to invite. Note that it does work for Doodat and LegacyOfEight.

I have no clue

Game Version:

Player Name:
Chemoeum | Scrap.TF

Room:
n/a (General issue)

Vs. Player Name:
n/a (General issue)

What happened:
I can move the camera waaay further than the stadium bounds inside a game, which I probably shouldn’t be able to do. At the same time, I can’t go back afterwards.

Expected behavior:
The camera shouldn’t be able to go past the stadium bounds.

Bug can be replicated by dragging the camera past the stadium bounds.

Game Version:

Player Name:
Doodat | Texas

Room:
N/A (General Issue)

Vs. Player Name:
N/A (General Issue)

What happened:
Sometimes after crowdsurfing, your character will have 1 movement left (for 2 movement characters), but be unable to move.

Expected behavior:
you can move one more space

Crowdsurf, do other actions with that character and other characters, then look back at that character.

Game Version:

Player Name:
Doodat | Texas

Room:
N/A (General issue)

Vs. Player Name:
N/A (General issue)

What happened:
Heavy passive doesn’t work at 8 VP (it appears to be unlocked)

Expected behavior:
Heavy passive +1 Movement

Get 8 VP

Game Version:

Player Name:
Harti

Room:

Vs. Player Name:
Doodat | Texas

What happened:
Live turn spectating not working; live turn changing not working

Expected behavior:
I can see my enemy’s moves once they do them, and it will become my turn once they end theirs

I received an invite, accepted it and did my first turn as P2. Then I left the match and immediately re-entered it. I kept the game open for a good while but it didn’t seem they were moving. So I backed out of that match and re-entered it, seeing Doodat’s units at a different position. I kept the match open for a bit longer, but no updates. When I backed out, I saw it was my turn on the main menu.

should be fixed shortly. Was a server capacity issue.

The whole form is n/a for this.

After leaving the main menu pulled up on my computer for an hour or so, I was unable to close the game when I returned. Also ctrl+delete or alt+tab or alt f4 did not work.

This might be unique to my computer but thought I would report it anyway.

This is just a minor thing.

Game Version:

Player Name:
Eijolend

Room:
N/A (happens in every game)

Vs. Player Name:
N/A (happens in every game)

What happened:
Trying to deploy a unit behind (i.e. one space upwards) a unit with a big model during the deploy phase of the game results in the already placed unit to be moved there instead of the new unit being placed.

Expected behavior:
The new unit being deployed on the space and the already placed moving staying where it is.

Try to deploy the Defender as indicated in this screenshot.

Workaround:
Click on the very edge of the space instead.

Game Version:

Player Name:
lychyyyy

Room:

Vs. Player Name:
Memories

What happened:
My defender at the top (red, inactive) was stuck in the pillar tapping animation after I selected to attack the runner (yeah, I tapped the pillar first before hitting the runner) for a while, in addition to the runner not disappearing. When I clicked on other opposing units, it showed their correct stats (i.e. HP, movement) but whenever I clicked that “dead” runner, it just showed the stats of the unit I checked out last. The pillar tapping animation stopped after I moved my next unit, but the runner remained.

Expected behavior:
The runner should be gone by now, and there was no need for the defender to tap the pillar repeatedly

Idk what I did to get this, but my best guess was that I hit the runner before my defender even got to tap the pillar.

Update:
When I exited and reentered the game, the runner was indeed gone (phew!)

Game Version:
0.2.1.283 (probably? most recent update)

Player Name:
Jestre

Room:
N/A

Vs. Player Name:
N/A

What happened:
Black screen at launch, will not enter game. The custom cursor shows up but nothing else. When alt+tabbed I can see the functioning home screen but when entering fullscreen it disappears.

What I tried to fix the issue:
Started from both Steam and .exe file
Activated/deactivated all DLC (Legendary Pillars and Kickstarter DLC Pass)
Uninstalled/reinstalled
Moved from HDD to SSD
Applied all updates as they rolled in and same issue occurred each time

Expected behavior:
Game launches

Started the game

Edit: Taking a screenshot of the black screen shows the proper home screen in the screenshot

If you’re able to, click around and go to Option > Video > Windowed. My game does this when it’s fullscreen, but making it windowed made everything visible.

It defaults to fullscreen unfortunately, so I can’t change any options. Thanks for the reply though!

Yeah, I know. My screen was at least flickering (90% of the time black), so I able to navigate to the menu. Maybe there’s a start-up option to force windowed.

I know now. My Steam profile is usually set to “visible for friends only”. Once I set it to “public”, the game was able to grab my friend list and display it properly (even without a restart). @onealexleft Are you using a Steam API call for that, and is it the correct one with sufficient rights?

Alex on Discord:

Ya we’re using steam’s api + a secure publisher key to access friends list. But it looks like it still enforces privacy rules if you set your account to private. Which means games can’t access any friends data even if they have proper creds.