Hex Gambit Bug Reports

Game Version:

Player Name:
Phyresis
Room:
Vs. Player Name:
laserturtle
What happened:
While I had one of my defenders selected it showed the toolbar for a motivator instead.
Expected behavior:
I expected it to show the toolbar of a defender.
How to reproduce the bug (what did you do right before it occurred?):
I was moving two defenders in quick succession and I swapped back and forth between them while they were walking. Not sure if this is actually the cause but i can’t think of anything else that could have caused it.

Game Version:
0.2.1.283 (I think - latest version as game was completed in the last hour - games were started on the first version released)
Player Name:
Phants
Room:
154 (I think - sorry didn’t occur to me till after I finished the game that it was a bug…I’m a bit new to this)
Vs. Player Name:
Eijolend
What happened:
Trying to move unit to chequered space immediately above the tower on the far left. Several units selected that should have been able to move to this space, but the space didn’t highlight as available to move to so move could not be completed.
Expected behavior:
Should have been able to move to this space.

Sorry no screenshots, I will try to replicate this in my next game and will revert if it happens again.

Apologies for the lack of precision in this report…I’m learning and will do better next time!

Yeah, this space doesn’t work for anything. Visual only at the moment it seems :frowning:

Game Version:

Player Name:
FranklinsAce

Room:
All (195)

Vs. Player Name:
LaserTurtle

What happened:
Screen turned blue.

Expected behavior:
Bounds would stop so I can’t drag playfield totally off the screen.

Hold right mouse button and drag cursor off screen to right

@Memories Glad someone could understand what I meant!

Game Version:

Player Name:
Phants

Room:
342 (but suspect this applies to all)

Vs. Player Name:
Crimson giraffe

What happened:
I wanted to move my runner jumping over a brute 1 space (but leaving 2 move points for further moves later). Instead runner ran around the brute using all 3 move points to get to the space.

Expected behaviour:
Runner crowdsurfs over unit for 1 move point.
Effectively there are 2 different ways to get to the same space with the runner, and the default seems to be the one that uses all 3 move points. This may be deliberate to stop cheeky multiple moves, but it penalises the runner as a 2 move point unit (eg soldier) would be able to jump the other unit (as it is their only way of reaching the space on the other side) for 1MP and still have a move point left to use later.

Again apologies no screenshot, I messed up again. I’ll get the hang of it eventually.

Game Version:

Player Name:
T7

Room:
i missed this one -.-

Vs. Player Name:
Phants

What happened:
Phants used abbacus’ hero power to despawn one of my brutes, which was at the time being buffed by a motivator. The aura that symbolizes the buff did not disappear from that space however, including when phants subsequently moved one of his own defenders into that space

Expected behavior:
The aura from the buff would disappear once the unit is no longer on the board(ie, after the hero power is used).

I was spectating phants’ turn when he used the hero power. According to phants, it disappeared as expected on his screen.

Game Version:

Player Name:
Phants

Room:
About 375 - game after the one above with Phyresis / T7 which was about 374?

Vs. Player Name:
T7

What happened:
Appeared to be a display issue, possibly due to us both watching/playing the game live at the same time? I was making moves but they weren’t showing on my screen, although Phyresis could see my moves and they were happening.

2 example screenshots shown. On the first I had tried to move the defender next to the green brutes, but the defender still appeared to be on the spawn space even though 1MP had been used, and the spaces highlighted changed to the ones that I would be able to move to had the defender moved as expected. I was able to attack the brute, but the HP on the brute didn’t change (although Phyresis / T7 said he saw that the brute was down to 3HP, but as shown I still saw 5 as if the attack hadn’t hapenned).

In the 2nd screenshot I moved the soldier up to the tower. It stayed in the same place on my screen so I thought it hadn’t moved, but I got the icon to tap the tower. I tapped the tower but nothing registered on my screen - again Phyresis / T7 saw the tower tapped and the 2VP get credited to me.

Expected behaviour:
I should have been able to see the moves that happened.

Playing with both players live watching at the same time. Things were working normally for me until T7 joined from and started watching.

Work around - I expect that if I exited the game and came back my view would re-set properly. On our other game there were some issues (i.e. dead characters still lying there on the next turn), but leaving and returning corrected this.

I think the visual bugs usually come from lower end computers. I’ve been having these kinds of visual bugs on my potato laptop but not on my Surface

Could be.

I’m using a surface pro and had the graphics turned down to ‘medium’ and hadn’t seen any issues before which is why I was caught out. It’s certainly not a high powered gaming machine though so I take your point!

It’s only been a problem in the couple of games I played last night when both players were live.

UPDATE: Similar visual bug seen again last night, again when 2nd player viewing live. Work around of exiting the game and re-entering corrected the problem so I could again see everything where it was supposed to be.

Seems games will grab your friends list from the client and upload it to their servers to see if they are online or not. I went with the 100% server route for just general security best practice. But I’ll have to look into this more and see if I’m missing something.

Game Version:

Player Name:
Harti

What happened:
I received a Steam turn notification when I ended my turn in three different games.
The notification indicator envelope would then show “3”, but in the respective turn notifications overview there are none.

Expected behavior:
I receive notifications when it is my turn.

End a turn as Player 2 of a freshly started game;
OR create a match (I invited Adam and Alex, respectively) and receive a notification although you got the game open to set up your minions.

Game Version:
0.2.1.*

What happened:
The invitation menu is cropped when the resolution is chosen to be smallish.

Expected behavior:
The invitation menu would either use percentual widths or have the list items stack on smaller resolutions.

My video settings are at 1440x900 windowed.

Game Version:
0.2.1.283 (not tested on 287 yet but I randomly remembered this)

What happened:
During setup as P2 you can drag your opponent’s units around.
(You cannot edit their positions doing so as they will snap back)

Expected behavior:
Your opponent’s units only react to clicks and aren’t draggable.

During setup as P2, try dragging P1’s units towards your side of the field.

Game Version:

What happened:
Game menus not accessible on certain legacy format (4:3-ish) resolutions.

This affects other screens as well. You might want to overthink the overall menu structure in the future. On that note, the current design isn’t bad but I don’t think it’s truly modern.

Video settings at 1200x1024. I’m not sure why my card offers that, but it does.

Game Version:
0.2.1.303 (although game was started on version 0.2.1.287)

Player Name:
Phants

Opponent:
Starklyy

What happened:
My opponent had put up a blockade but it was not visible to me. See screenshot attached. I tried exiting and re-entering the game but it wasn’t visible on returning either. Based on the available moves of all units the only explanation was that there was a blockade in the 2 spaces in front of the blue defender - which otherwise my motivator would be able to move to in the screenshot attached,

Expected behaviour:
I should have seen a blue blockade in the 2 spaces in front of the defender.

Returned to a game after a few days away. Opponent had taken her turn about a day before and had raised a defender’s blockade. I have previously been able to see these blocks in similar circumstances so I’m not sure what was different this time.

Game Version:

Player Name:
Echelaunch

Room:
N/A

Vs. Player Name:
N/A

What happened:
Consistently, when I exit out of Hex Gambit, the Steam interface is frozen. It can be shutdown by right clicking on the icon in the lower right corner of the desktop, but the actual Steam window itself is inaccessible in that it’s frozen and no links can be clicked on.

Expected behavior:
For Steam to remain accessible when you log out of the game.

The bug is not 100% reproduceable for me, but it has occurred approximately 50% of the time that I’ve exited the game in the last few days.

game version:

Player name:
Phants

Vs player:
Starklyy

Room:

What happened:
Trying to move a unit into my own spawn hex, but whenever I hover the mouse over the spawn hex the spawn icon comes up and if I click I get the spawn option screen. So. I way to move onto my own spawn hex.

Expected behaviour:
When a unit is selected clicking on the spawn space should move to that hex, not bring up the spawn options screen.

How to reproduce the bug:
Try to move a unit onto your own spawn hex!

Game Version:

Player Name:
Eijolend

Room:
I was able to reproduce it in rooms 781 and 782

Vs. Player Name:
login (room 781)
Plexel (room 782)

What happened:
Using the Brute’s Melee ability crashes the game with an error (see screenshot).

Expected behavior:
Not crash the game?

Enter a game that has been started before the latest update. Select a Brute and click its Melee ability or press E.