Hex Gambit's Kickstarter is Live!

Originally published at: http://onemanleft.com/2017/07/hex-gambits-kickstarter-is-live/

The Hex Gambit Kickstarter is finally here! We’re proud to showcase our work so far on the spiritual successor to Outwitters. Our campaign video features some exciting new gameplay footage, including details on a unique new movement mechanic called the crowdsurf!

There are plenty of great reasons to back Hex Gambit early. For starters, you can grab the game at 30% off the launch day price, and this is the ONLY time you’ll be able to buy a Deluxe Edition of the game with free DLC for life. If you’re really quick, you might be able to grab an Early Bird discount before those are all sold out.

We only have 30 days to reach our goal of $11,000, so spread the word! If we can get a big community behind this project, you’ll be seeing plenty of new turn-based strategy content coming from One Man Left.

This better get fully backed, I want my golden skin :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Wooo 1300$ in less than an hour xD

Thanks, i took a Nintendo Switch Friend Pack :smiley:
But how can I pay for the PC edition in addition ?

Buy both? :smiley:

Thanks for backing us! We’ll be sending out as survey at the end of the KS to confirm platform choices for friend-pack tiers. You can state you want 2 pc, 2 switch, or 1 of each in that survey.

@Memories : This is what I wanted to do but it is not possible :smile:
Then I would take a PC Key and Switch Key, thanks :slight_smile:

Sign up with a different email if you really want to pledge more than once :smiley:

having a pledge amount higher that encompasses more copies also works. Just send a msg via KS letting us know.

Wish I could support (if I had my own credit card) :sweat_smile:

Which one do you want, Switch or PC?

Wanted to support and get the PC deluxe (for the infinite DLC and a most-likely-AMAZING soundtrack)

I just upped mine to include two copies, one of them is yours :slight_smile:

(I’ll probably get one of the higher tiers anyway, just haven’t pulled the trigger yet.)

Holy crap, thanks! That’s really nice of you :smiley:

Hope I could repay the favor someday in the future, maybe support a future OML game and get you the second copy [Outwitters 3] :smirk:

I was hoping to see a large stretch goal to release it for mac. No chance it will ever be released for Mac? A lot of my favorite people on Outwitters aren’t going to play hexgambit becsuse of this, or the fact that it’s not being released for mobile phones.

I’m pretty excited for the game, but really wanting to know a little bit about future plans or possibilities before I decide to back it for 300$ or 10$. Not asking for a commitment and won’t hold anyone to anything, just wanting to know where your heads are at.

On the topic of mobile: It’s just not in the cards. The mobile market has moved on in terms of paid games. HG would have to be completely rethought with f2p in mind to even stand a remote chance of succeeding on that platform.

On Mac: To put things into perspective, less than 4% of people bought/played SFT on a mac. less than 1% on Linux. These two platforms caused a disproportionate amount of post-release customer support issues (linux even more so). So while getting things ‘up and running’ on a Mac is arguably easier than getting it running on mobile, there’s still a cost associated with it in the long term. We’re stretched thin as it is already so we have to choose our battles carefully. It’s one of those things that would be ‘nice to have’, but it’s just low priority. If someone is backing us on the off chance that there is a mac port, I would say please don’t as we can’t promise that.

We’re also trying to keep our stretch goals “sexy”; so you’ll see features that our existing backers would be able to enjoy like more game options and scenarios, rather than ports to platforms they may not even have.

A reply from both Alex AND Adam on the same post. Damn…

achievement unlocked.

Probably the first and last time that will ever happen.

Also, just want to say you guys are over halfway funded after like 5 hours, so good job :slight_smile:

It’s one of those days where we get no work done and obsessively reload web pages.