Reporting Cheaters - read this first!

We’re sorry to hear that you had to face a cheater in Outwitters. We can assure you that that guy is going to be dealt with by One Man Left, they have no tolerance on cheaters, so stay calm - it’s all going to be alright. :slight_smile:

##I want to report a cheater

• Make sure your opponent really is cheating (and not e.g. just using the Adorables’/Mobi’s power).
  • Please provide evidence, i.e. a replay, and the cheater’s Game Center ID via the OML Contact Form to make One Man Left aware. You can get a game’s replay link after it’s completed by long pressing the game on the main menu game list.

##Please DO NOT…

• … create a new thread for the cheater you discovered.

• … ask One Man Left about the status of the cheater being banned. They’ll handle it the moment they have the time to do so.

• … freak out when there is no Mod or Admin available for a few hours. Everything is going to be cool once someone returns to the forums.

Hey Harti, is it alright to change this into a general guideline as well? There were a lot of people during the Veggie v2 patch that were like ‘the games become soooo bad I’m never going to play again’ and come the correction patch they admitted they were playing again, might happen now and then and it’s not exactly fun to see 1 posters repeat what everyone knows again and again for emphasis

Well, based on your post, and the closed threads, I’m posting the information here. I sent a heads-up to A&A too. I assume this is the same person who has been reported previously under a new name. At post time, he showed 12 wins on his profile.

GCID is Guess Who :]
The cheat/exploit allows units to move multiple times in a row, without ending the current turn. This ends the game on turn 3 if the offender goes first.

%url%

He’s back!

— Begin quote from ‘Necrocat219’ pid=‘44466’ dateline=‘1364905529’

Hey Harti, is it alright to change this into a general guideline as well? There were a lot of people during the Veggie v2 patch that were like ‘the games become soooo bad I’m never going to play again’ and come the correction patch they admitted they were playing again, might happen now and then and it’s not exactly fun to see 1 posters repeat what everyone knows again and again for emphasis

— End quote

This is a different issue. I’m pretty sure the severe backlash we saw there is the reason the correction patch came so soon afterwards.

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YkbOXAww

Another Guess Who :] cheat

Guess Who :] just took advantage of a bug that allows Heavies to move twice on a new board which permitted him to beat me in two moves. outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YkdmXAww

Please review and correct (and restore my points). Thank you.

It’s not a bug, this “player” hacked the game :dodgy:

it’s apparently a glitch in the game. He’s not moving multiple times in a turn, he’s taking multiple turns in a row.

I’d actually like to know how he does it, just so it can be patched. Someone else who knows how to do this might be able to cheat by, say, taking 2 turns in a row just to stockpile extra wits, but not move on the extra turn so their opponent won’t know they cheated.

Granted if the replay gets posted on OSN you’ll know they cheated because it shows the extra turns, but the in-game replays don’t[hr]
oh yeah, and is it possible to do an IP or UDID ban on this guy? If you ban his GC ID you know he’ll just make a new one

At first i thought it was a glitch like FFA in Pass n’ Play but now it seems like he’s hacking.

I also am was cheated, if you can fix the points it would be greatly appreciated. outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y7Z6cAww

He got me twice apparently, which is just awesome. Once as ‘Took’ and another as ‘GuessWho’… What’s bothering me also, how were his first two usernames banned, and then he’s so quickly in Master? I checked his profile and he had only 13 wins at the time, and yet he’s already in the fourth tier? He hacked his ranking also somehow?

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y56GZAww

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y8fucAww

Got beaten 2 times in a row, in round 2 :slight_smile:

I’m bad, but not that bad :slight_smile:

Regards
Resolverinn

Kinda sad to lose ranking this way, considering I just made it into the top 200.

Oh, and it’s possible to get into Masters after only a few games. I was masters after 6 games (5 being placement games).

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y1v-XAww

New GC name

seriously, there needs to be an IP or UDID ban, or he’ll never go away. Surely Adam and Alex can figure out how to do one of those?

— Begin quote from ‘ElPared’ pid=‘44711’ dateline=‘1364961207’

seriously, there needs to be an IP or UDID ban, or he’ll never go away. Surely Adam and Alex can figure out how to do one of those?

— End quote

Pfff. I wish there was some legal matter that could bring the feds or something. Now that is something that I would be interested in watching the news for, for once.

— Begin quote from ‘TheGreatAnt’ pid=‘44714’ dateline=‘1364961587’

— End quote

Pfff. I wish there was some legal matter that could bring the feds or something. Now that is something that I would be interested in watching the news for, for once.

— End quote

I don’t get it, do you think it’s impossible to ban an IP address, or a Unique Device ID? Every iDevice has a UDID and everything that connects to the internet has an IP address. It should be possible

— Begin quote from ‘ElPared’ pid=‘44717’ dateline=‘1364961986’

— Begin quote from ‘TheGreatAnt’ pid=‘44714’ dateline=‘1364961587’

— End quote

— End quote

I don’t get it, do you think it’s impossible to ban an IP address, or a Unique Device ID? Every iDevice has a UDID and everything that connects to the internet has an IP address. It should be possible

— End quote

No. Tracing an IP is certainly possible. I’m just saying it would be enjoyable to get legal justice, though there isn’t any real felony here. The only way Feds would get involved is if the hacker stole the code and used it for his own game…

well, if you can prove damages you can sue anybody lol