So we’ve finally hit that point where we need to start getting this in front of a wider audience. We want to start squashing show-stopping bugs, and more importantly get player feedback on the gameplay!
###What is Space Food Truck?
It’s a cooperative video game that can be played by 1-4 players. It’s a quirky mash-up of board game, card game, and dungeon crawling mechanics with a sci-fi culinary twist. You can find a much more detailed synopsis of the gameplay over at our landing page.
###Who should sign up?
Those that don’t mind very rough-around-the-edges, incomplete, games and wish to help improve SFT to bring it to Early Access and beyond! I want to stress that the game is not feature complete and quite buggy. If you’re the kind of person that may become frustrated due to a bug in the UI hindering your progress, you may wish to hold off to at least Early Access. Early Access, will be a wider beta where the game is feature-complete and we’ll be largely playtesting for gameplay balance and taking user feed-back into account as we adjust gameplay.
Part of the reason we’re doing this alpha test beyond gameplay feedback is to get a sense of priority on which bugs need to be fixed faster than others so we can arrive a more stable gameplay experience more quickly.
###How do I sign up?
- Reply to this thread with a funny/cool/oddball planet name and description. If you want examples, check this thread out. We’ll be selecting from this pool of entrants to not only give out steam alpha keys, but possibly include the planets in the game.
- Post your setup: platform (win/osx/linux), OS version.
- Once selected you will have a PM in your forum account with a steam key. You will also be granted access to a sub-category for SFT discussion/bug reports.
###Can I invite a friend to alpha?
Space Food Truck is fundamentally a multiplayer co-op game. I’ll be posting soon after the alpha is deployed a weekly schedule for play tests to help facilitate both us and forum members to play together with some regularity. That being said, some time zones just won’t work out. We’ll be handing out extra keys on a case-by-case basis for those that may request them.
- PC/Mac/Linux machine
- Steam account
- Internet access (to do online play)
- Forum account (to post feedback and partake in any discussions or post bugs)
- Actual hardware requirements are in flux right now and frankly unknown. If you’re gaming semi regularly with steam games you should be fine.
###What’s the current state of the game?
Multiplayer co-op is fully functional
Single player is functional, so if you wish to simply play alone you can. Games are saved automatically.
Bugs. probably a lot of 'em.