Suggestions for Game 2

It may be a bit early (there’s no schedule for the game yet), but at least I think we should start preparing for the game. We all know how the Americans’ forum was so organized, so I would like to hear suggestions on how we should be discussing our moves.

Some of my suggestions:

1. Start a new thread per move (as done by the Americans), showing important details such as the screenshot, wits left, wits used, units moved, etc.
  2. Strict deadline of three days (just so we don’t time out again)
  3. Once we get an idea how they moved their units, we show these moves on a separate thread (e.g. soldier to G3, runner to H3, etc.) so that everyone can replay the match on their devices.

If you have other suggestions, please DO post them here! :slight_smile:

yeah! I will try to do PnP on my device for the first 20 turns to have better feeling. May not be do more with my bad memory!:smiley:

Great ideas I’m not sure about number three maybe I’m not clear on it
Wouldn’t it cause like separation of ideas and having to keep track of two diffrerent threads for each move?

We could probably write just the moves on one thread. Or if that would be too confusing, perhaps just show the move recap along with the screenshot on the same thread.

maybe we can start discussing our opening as P2?
we basically have no vision other than the predeployed units vision so unless we spawn a runner to see their side i guess we can start thinking about other alternatives? ones with less vision.

an example would be the sniper start as P2. that start doesnt really give us much vision so we dont really need to wait to see their replay to decide on that move. but i wouldnt suggest this particular move. i made an opening as P1(against GG) before in glitch that totally destroys this. im not sure if they would try this but you never know. too bad i didnt save the replay.

Should we start discussing strategy? Maybe GG will still read it, better wait till the game starts.
Yup I suggest one thread for every move including a recap of their movements and everything

I suggest we just kick their asses.

You are right! Lets inform GG to start the game, then we can start to discuss our strategy. Opening is very important. Especially P2 on glitch.

GG already knows that powee is the captain so i dont see why GG would come in here and read threads unless he plans on cheating. which he can easily do throughout the game if he wanted to.
im guessing theyre already planning their opening move in their thread so theyll probably send in their turn once they finish. [hr]

— Begin quote from ‘terenceshiu2005’ pid=‘55085’ dateline=‘1373001713’

You are right! Lets inform GG to start the game, then we can start to discuss our strategy. Opening is very important. Especially P2 on glitch.

— End quote

i sent you a game terence. maybe you have some ideas for a P2 glitch start?

The best P2 start is creating a soldier, moving the medic next to the spawn, healing the soldier and putting the soldier in front of the medic so that it protects the medic for a possible runner. Thus, well a runner can’t reach the medic, and if they did the sniper opening, they can’t advance the sniper which is awesome for us. I only do that opening and it works everytime :slight_smile:

Thanks Mag!cguy for the suggested turn 2 move. I’ll keep that in mind.

Some of you may also want to discuss some long term strategy, such as what would be our desired set-up, and how to achieve this?

What we want to do is take the control of the middle area of the map, that means being the first to have a sniper there or even an unrechable scrambler that could reach american’s unit. We have not to be obliged to get back unit not to be immediatly rushed, that would cause us to waste wits and give them an enormeous advantage. It may seem obvious, but it’s very hard to do because we will have to plan what is gonna happen in a several number of turns after, not only the first one following. :slight_smile:

I’m very motivated for this battle since glitch may be the map I handle the metagame of the most :stuck_out_tongue:

For turn 2
let’s spawn a scout move him to wit space see what they are up to
probably my next move would be to move the healer next to the spawn point and heal the heavy
depends on what they have done we might move the soldier ahead too

I wouldn’t worry about losing the healer in that position as losing it gives us a good advantage

— Begin quote from ‘Mag!cGuy’ pid=‘55108’ dateline=‘1373042206’

What we want to do is take the control of the middle area of the map, that means being the first to have a sniper there or even an unrechable scrambler that could reach american’s unit. We have not to be obliged to get back unit not to be immediatly rushed, that would cause us to waste wits and give them an enormeous advantage. It may seem obvious, but it’s very hard to do because we will have to plan what is gonna happen in a several number of turns after, not only the first one following. :slight_smile:

I’m very motivated for this battle since glitch may be the map I handle the metagame of the most :stuck_out_tongue:

— End quote

Yes I think it is obvious we need to get our sniper to the senter ASAP (or the scrambler) because I’m sure they are planing on a boosted sniper coming to the middle as well.

— Begin quote from ‘blckace’ pid=‘55109’ dateline=‘1373043269’

For turn 2
let’s spawn a scout move him to wit space see what they are up to
probably my next move would be to move the healer next to the spawn point and heal the heavy
depends on what they have done we might move the soldier ahead too

I wouldn’t worry about losing the healer in that position as losing it gives us a good advantage

— End quote

I don’t like this opening because if they went for the sniper opening we are already in a very bad position.

I must say that Magic’s opener looks a lot more rigid. But what’s gonna take the wit space?

Just another suggestion for how to discuss our moves: we could use the map creator as a strategy board (http://omc.wappdesign.net/702/), and screenshot our suggestions laid out on there to interrogate our strategies in pictures instead of plain words (miscommunications and such, felt a bit limiting). Green and yellow could stand for boosted/damaged units etc.

So, Magic’s opener would look like this:

Well, obviously the heavy is gonna take the wit space :slight_smile:

rigid but waaay safer. I know I’m very happy when my opponent makes a runner opening when I did the P1 sniper one!

Safe opening yes, but does it really prevent the advance of their sniper?

Say, P1 on turn 1 moves as such:

1. spawn a sniper and move to H6 (4 wits)
  2. heavy takes the wit space (1 wit)

Next turn (turn 3), he does the following:

1. Spawn a soldier and move toward G5 (3 wits)
  2. Heavy moves to F6 (1 wit)
  3. Sniper moves to G6

Thus he still gets to be first with the sniper on the center. It’s not yet lost (obviously), but they are the ones with the first sniper on the center.

— Begin quote from ‘poweewee’ pid=‘55161’ dateline=‘1373083272’

3. Sniper moves to G6

Thus he still gets to be first with the sniper on the center. It’s not yet lost (obviously), but they are the ones with the first sniper on the center.

— End quote

If that is the case, shall we spawn a runner and put it to c6?

— Begin quote from ‘terenceshiu2005’ pid=‘55164’ dateline=‘1373084246’

— Begin quote from ‘poweewee’ pid=‘55161’ dateline=‘1373083272’

3. Sniper moves to G6

— End quote

If that is the case, shall we spawn a runner and put it to c6?

— End quote

That could work :slight_smile:

By the way, what happens if they spawned a runner to I3? We just let them kill our medic?