"THE LIST" TOURNAMENT
The List (If the tourney started today)
2. big boss
3. This Guy Always
5. Beach Landing
1. =) Random Task (=
The goal of this tourney is to be #1 on The List. Players challenge the next highest ranked player on The List and so forth until they reach the top. This is for 1v1 play only.
Open only to players who have appeared at least once in the top 10 of the Weekly Elite List since January 1, 2016*. See Qualified Players List below. Of those players interested in competing, only the 10 players with the highest rating based on averaged ranking and number of appearances in the top 10 of the Weekly Elite List since January 1, 2016, will be placed on The List. Those 10 players will make up the first version of The List. See rating formula below.**
The remaining players will be placed on a separate waiting list ranked based on the same rating described above and wait for an opportunity to challenge for the #10 spot. Players who are not on the qualifying list but wish to compete can be placed on the waiting list if they appear in the top 10 of any future Weekly Elite List*.
Players on the waiting list will remain on the waiting list unless they choose to be removed. However, the rating formula described above will continue to be applied to the players on the waiting list. An adjusted waiting list based on the rating formula will be published whenever #10 becomes available for a challenge.
Qualified players interested in competing in this tourney must post in this thread stating they wish to compete by Thursday, February 16, 2017. After this time, any players wishing to compete can request to do so and will be placed on the waiting list if they were on the original Qualified Players List or if they appear in the top 10 of any future Weekly Elite List* as described above.
Due to the nature of this tourney, only a few matches will be played at a time and they may take time to complete. Regardless, the idea is to have a dynamic list of the top 10 active Outwitters players with none being able to rest on their laurels.
*Exception to this are players whose only appearance in the top 10 of the Weekly Elite List was/is on a week where a new season was/is starting.
**Rating Formula=(Player's average ranking over appearances in top 10 of the Weekly Elite list * (# of weeks since January 1, 2016/number of times player has appeared on top 10 of the Weekly Elite list))
- Challenges are made upward to the next higher ranked player (For example: #10 challenges #9 etc.).
- Challenges are made by posting in tourney thread and calling out next ranked player.
- Challenges are issued on a first come first served basis following the rules below.
- Player must accept challenge by stating so on tourney thread within 48 hours otherwise forfeits position and drops one position.
- Higher ranked player chooses to play as either P1 or P2 and selects map. Higher ranked player must send invite to challenging player within 12 hours of accepting challenge.
- Once match commences, lower ranked player must post what races and map the match is being played on to avoid confusion with any other ongoing matches with the same player.
- You cannot have more than one challenge for position at a time.
- One match decides position. If higher ranked player wins, they keep their position. If lower ranked player wins, the players swap positions.
- There cannot be a re-match between the same two players for the same position unless neither player initiates a new challenge and/or is challenged after 1 week.
- Winner or Loser can post match results. Once match is completed and posted, either of those players can be challenged OR issue challenge, except as stated above regarding rematch.
- Whenever #10 on the list is available for a challenge and an adjusted waiting list is published, the highest ranked player on the waiting list will have first dibs on challenging #10 for their spot. If that player does not exercise their challenge within 24 hours of the waiting list publishing or forfeits their opportunity by posting so in the tourney thread, the next highest ranked player from the waiting list can challenge #10 within the following 24 hours and so forth down the list.
- If the #10 position player is defeated by player from waiting list, that player will be placed on the waiting list if they so choose. If the challenging player from the waiting list loses, they cannot challenge for the #10 position again until after a different player from the waiting list has had a chance to challenge #10.
- To start this tourney the following matches will be played: 10 vs 9, 8 vs 7, 6 vs 5, 4 vs 3, 2 vs 1. Matches must start within 48 hours of tourney commencement.
- A match is considered a forfeit if counter reaches "They forfeit in 2d." Player must post screenshot in tourney thread as proof.
- All tourney participants must be in Tourney Mode:Tourney Mode
- Tourney will be ongoing or until interest dies.
Qualified Players List
3. big boss
4. This Guy Always
15. Mari BK
21. Emperor Trump
24. Bad Herr Day
29. jpeezy numero 2
35. -:- 「Cloud」 -:-
36. - YukFuj5 -
39. Night Owl
44. =) Random Task (=
47. charlie mcnoodle
48. Tim Lund