The Official Eurasian General Quarter Thread

Lol, alvendor nailed it :stuck_out_tongue: I am for killin the sniper with a sniper and then moving our mobi to the right with the help of our soldier and a runner!

Doesn’t it show where the snipe came from if it was tele’d?

Nope it doesn’t :slight_smile:

@alvendor - if the runner that was left behind after attacking sniper was on E8 how is it killed for free? They would have to move something to kill it wouldn’t they? And your calculation for the snipe attack didn’t factor in moving the mobi which the runner attack did. So I’m still making it 5 and 5…or am I being dense …again :)[hr]
One thing about the snipe attack though is if they did spawn a new sniper, which I think is possible, and used all their wits, only a ported sniper or the heavy could reach our sniper. In my first glance this would make them commit fairly unprotected units. Thoughts anyone?

— Begin quote from ‘phineas94’ pid=‘47710’ dateline=‘1366486678’

@alvendor - if the runner that was left behind after attacking sniper was on E8 how is it killed for free? They would have to move something to kill it wouldn’t they? And your calculation for the snipe attack didn’t factor in moving the mobi which the runner attack did. So I’m still making it 5 and 5…or am I being dense …again :)[hr]

— End quote

No I didn’t include the mobi move in either. A runner not on the spawn point is generally worth 2 wits. Killing the sniper with runners costs 4 wits + the lost runner. It’s true they need to move a unit to kill it but it is in such a position they likely can modify their strategy to move out with a unit from the spawn point which they would have to do anyway, essentially making it a free move.

— Begin quote from ‘phineas94’ pid=‘47710’ dateline=‘1366486678’

One thing about the snipe attack though is if they did spawn a new sniper, which I think is possible, and used all their wits, only a ported sniper or the heavy could reach our sniper. In my first glance this would make them commit fairly unprotected units. Thoughts anyone?

— End quote

Yes I agree. It is likely they used all wits and have very limit vision right now. We should think about what their likely response is and spend the rest of our wits accordingly.

If I was them I would move the predeployed runner beside sniper and heavy. Now with vision they have enough wits to kill our runner with heavy, boost sniper and to a mobi/sniper attack.

Not sure what our best response to that is?

How much longer have we got Magic?

I sent the turn, because it was written “4 days ago”

I killed their snipe with a new snipe and moved units to the right, here’s a quick shot! I’m sorry if it doesn’t please you but i had to take a decision :stuck_out_tongue:

http://trackmania-carpark.com/imagespark/odd/up/517449b217fdc.jpg

We still have 1 wit saved :slight_smile:

the mobi is in range of a mobi snipe.

yeah I would’ve preferred the mobi one hex higher than it is there since we would have the exact same capabilities of how to use it. guess we’ll see what happens now

Which mobi snipe? They only have 7 wits, they are obliged to kill our sniper with a teleported sniper and they would need a runner to see where our mobi is. They don’t have the wits for these. :wink:

But if they used the excisting snipe, they have 9 wits, and if they used a new one, they already have a snipe to use.

Good job, dude. Good job.

Hm right should have placed it one hex above, but gf!sh you can keep that kind of comment for yourself thanks.

yeah gfich, theres no need for comments like that.
and to magicguy, please make your ipad more accesible from now on. if possible, it would be best
to post a screenshot of the game as the opponents send their turn. so we can strategize as early as possible and we can do the agreed plan instead of you making a last minute decision. (im not saying i can do better than you, but this is america vs eurasia not america vs Mag!cGuy. so we should avoid having you play your turn last minute.)
and remember, you were not forced to be team captain, you volunteered yourself.

Clearly, the other team can spawn a sniper (3 wits), move the mobi, tele the sniper, shoot our mobi (2 wits because of the wit for kill), then move their heavy upwards and kill the sniper (1 wit).

Our best hope is that they dont do this for the simple reason that they CANNOT SEE where we placed the mobi :slight_smile: We’re doomed if they spawn a runner first on the right side :slight_smile:

yeah its within range of a newly spawned runner from the right side spawn. glad you finally found the eurasia forum powee!

To be fair no one had come up with a complete move suggestion. We should post a time limit so everyone knows the deadline for the next move.

Any move back from the yanks yet ??? I’m holding my breath on behalf of our Mobi… :slight_smile:

As poweewee noted they don’t know where it is and there is a chance they may over think their move and assume we have done something different.

Coming with sad news :frowning:

What they did:

http://trackmania-carpark.com/imagespark/even/up/5177ffd4e6d59.jpg

Created a runner at the right spawn.
Then, saw our mobi, moved theirs where you see on picture, destroyed our mobi, took the runner to destroy ours, and destroyed our snipe with their heavy. We know they spent 5 wits. And seeing the time it took, we can be sure the snipe is the predeployed one, and that the previous one was newly created :slight_smile: I still have put the grey soldier here but we can’t be sure it’s still there from now!

It’s not catastrophic, I’ve won many games after having lost my mobi! We should save some wits to create one again in some turns, and during that time try to get out of mobi’s range :slight_smile:

How a about a runner on the left spawn, move to D3 for vision; then attack runner on L6 with soldier, and move soldier back to M3?
And since I’m in a lower league than the rest of you guys, I don’t know if that heavy is a threat to the centre?

— Begin quote from ‘Wildtalon1851’ pid=‘48177’ dateline=‘1366832645’

How a about a runner on the left spawn, move to D3 for vision; then attack runner on L6 with soldier, and move soldier back to M3?
And since I’m in a lower league than the rest of you guys, I don’t know if that heavy is a threat to the centre?

— End quote

It is indeed a threat, plus the mobi can attack through the center as well.

I think we have to kill the sniper with the soldier. I suggest

1. Move runner to K6 and kill their runner.
  2. Move soldier to J9 and kill their sniper.

Not sure how to proceed afterwards. Some possibilities:

1. Spawn a soldier at the right, buff, then move to J5.
  2. Spawn a soldier each at the left and right, and move to F3 and I3.

Also, with our soldier at J9, we can be almost certain that they will spawn a sniper at the right and kill the soldier, so at the very least we wouldn’t need to worry about a sniper-tele for one turn.