The Official Eurasian General Quarter Thread

wait for the screenshot guys

I said I was doing exactly what awpertunity said, so yeah I took out the boosted runner :wink:

Thanks magic. Didn’t mean to hassle :slight_smile: you’re doing a great job

hey Mag!cGuy. it would be great if you post a screenshot of every turn no matter how little or insignificant the movements you and the opponents make. it would make it easier for everyone to follow. only giving slight descriptions is making me (hopefully only me) have a hard time following, analyzing and giving suggestions. i know my view/opinion on the strategy wont account for much but this is a team play.

I guess magic will do it once he has a chance to access his ipad :slight_smile:

— Begin quote from ‘phineas94’ pid=‘47090’ dateline=‘1366102912’

Thanks magic. Didn’t mean to hassle :slight_smile: you’re doing a great job

— End quote

Aha don’t worry :stuck_out_tongue: thanks

Yep that’s it terence ^^

— Begin quote from ‘TheQwertiest’ pid=‘47091’ dateline=‘1366104154’

hey Mag!cGuy. it would be great if you post a screenshot of every turn no matter how little or insignificant the movements you and the opponents make. it would make it easier for everyone to follow. only giving slight descriptions is making me (hopefully only me) have a hard time following, analyzing and giving suggestions. i know my view/opinion on the strategy wont account for much but this is a team play.

— End quote

You are not alone. Even though it is a really bad habit I often do the moves I’m certain of before figuring the rest out as it becomes easier to visualize more moves ahead.

Put me on the list of those waiting for the screenshot…

— Begin quote from ‘Random Task’ pid=‘47313’ dateline=‘1366222277’

Put me on the list of those waiting for the screenshot…

— End quote

As do we all

I know, I know! But it’s too late for this turn cuz they sent theirs, screenshot coming soon I hope! :slight_smile:

Have you access to your ipad again Mag!c?

It’s been over 4 days since our last move, what’s going on?

— Begin quote from ‘Mag!cGuy’ pid=‘47318’ dateline=‘1366224992’

But it’s too late for this turn cuz they sent theirs

— End quote

:slight_smile:

Here is a quick shot of our previous turn:

http://trackmania-carpark.com/imagespark/odd/up/51716402e2b92.png

And the one for the turn they sent:

http://trackmania-carpark.com/imagespark/odd/up/517163e87532f.jpg

They moved the mobi here, took a snipe (considering the time it lasted in the replay, there are two possibilities: either they moved the predeployed snipe to the medic to health it and then teleport it, either they created a new one that they healthed and then teleported) and shot our snipe, then moved the heavy!

For the first hypothesis, they spent 5 wits, for the second, they spent 7.

What do you think we should do? To be honest I’m really stuck here, I need your opinions! :slight_smile:

Isn’t their predeployed runner still knocking about?

If we take out their sniper with 2 runners, with one of them attacking from E8, we’d get good visibility of everything around their spawn. Then hop back and suck the 2 pt runner to safety?

— Begin quote from ‘phineas94’ pid=‘47569’ dateline=‘1366392850’

If we take out their sniper with 2 runners, with one of them attacking from E8, we’d get good visibility of everything around their spawn. Then hop back and suck the 2 pt runner to safety?

— End quote

Also after we have good visibility we can decide if it will be smart to spawn
a soldier in the right and stert to advanc twored their spanw/base with 2 soldiers and the Mobi (again in case the right is clear).

Haven’t really looked at outcomes but if runners attack from E8 & G8 and show that predeployed sniper was boosted and used. Could we wade in with a mobi/heavy to take out their mobi? Sounds a bit optimistic reading back :slight_smile:

I am assuming that they did the 2nd hypothesis that magi!c has stated.

With that, there is not a single unit on the right side. I think playing it safe for now and doing phineas first suggestion isn’t bad though. With that we would know 100% where all their units are and they have 0 wits banked.

— Begin quote from ‘phineas94’ pid=‘47569’ dateline=‘1366392850’

— End quote

That sounds like the best option as the first part of the move - then once we can see the board we can decide where best to hop back to and what to spawn where.

Also - If you put the 1HP runner on E8 and the 2HP on G8 then it gives us two things…
If we suck back the 2HP runner then at least the 1HP runner wont be sitting next to a unit forcing them to move to kill it.
Secondly if we decide to go in with the mobi/heavy to take out their mobi (I’m doubtful that this will be viable… but we’ll see) then we are leaving F7 open for the mobi to do this.

Mag!c - if we decide to go with this can we get a screen shot after the first part of the move ? thanks.

Taking out the sniper with runners cost us 6 wits as they kill one runner for free. By teleporting a sniper we get it for 4.

and rick joins the fight! :smiley: