Ok so here are my witterings / advice. I'm playing as a Super Titan and just made it to 32 in the top 100.
1) Soldiers are very efficient. They have decent attacking range and when boosted a group of 3 or more make a potentially game winning group when they attack in combination. If you cannot see a good move then just create soldiers and wait for a good move to appear.
2) always kill an opponents sniper if you can. It's worth throwing all your units to take out a defending soldier to get another soldier or sniper behind the enemy lines to kill that sniper. Snipers can do a lot of damage but they cannot outrun you and they are easily killed if you get in close. You can always see where an opponents sniper attacks from. Move a unit onto that square and the sniper will be in touching range.
3) take out damaged units that are hanging on with just 1 or 2 points left. Finish them off before they are boosted or before they attack you.
4) on maps with just 1 spawn space always try to create a unit every turn. The perfect move is to kill 2 opponents and create 1 in a single turn. That gives you a long term advantage by having more nits on the board. On maps where there is just 1 spawn square I win most games by simply killing enemy units and creating my own units every turn. 3v2 or 2v1 is a huge advantage on maps with just 1 spawn square.
5) try to avoid moving runners within 3 or 4 squares if an enemy spawn space. Avoid allowing your opponent to create a soldier to kill you soldier.
6) boost runners if they will be in range of enemy runners, but keep boosted runners out of range of enemy soldiers and spawn spaces where your opponent can create soldiers.
7) always plan your move and count your wits before moving any unit.
8) kill enemy runners at the start of your turn so your opponent cannot see what you do in the rest of your turn.
9) create and move runners at the start of your turn to give you as much info as possible - you might need to change your plan if you see a better plan part way through your turn.
10) if you play first then play aggressively. If you play second then be more defensive and you need to be more efficient with your wits.
That's enough for now. I'd welcome comments or criticisms.
Bad Herr Day