Tips for New Players

— Begin quote from ‘TheGoldenGriffin’ pid=‘43014’ dateline=‘1364254852’

Also, a bombshell could potentially get you 5 wits if your opponent doesn’t know what he’s doing.

— End quote

Could a bombshell attack be positive in wits if it takes out 2 or more enemies in 1 strike?

Costs 1 wit to attack, kills 2 enemies +2 wits = +1wit.

I know it would be silly to have your defences grouped together to get killed but is that how you could get +5 wits?

Hey everyone I’m a new player and it would be nice if I could get some tips or something like that.

Yeah, very much like this:

That is a fail

Also bombshell doesn’t get wit for splash killing thorns

— Begin quote from ‘Ryzuma’ pid=‘43070’ dateline=‘1364271178’

— End quote

That doesn’t seem fair?

— Begin quote from ‘Chapposam’ pid=‘43095’ dateline=‘1364287522’

— Begin quote from ‘Ryzuma’ pid=‘43070’ dateline=‘1364271178’

— End quote

That doesn’t seem fair?

— End quote

Well technically, it is all part of one unit. You wouldn’t be able to get more than one wit for killing the same unit.

Thanks for the help! This is a great game and I hope onemanleft keeps releasing and adding to it– I could do with one or two more classes. First post ftw!

— Begin quote from ‘000xxx’ pid=‘43703’ dateline=‘1364566309’

I hope onemanleft keeps releasing and adding to it

— End quote

Not in this version, anyway. But I fully intend to enjoy the game while Adam and Alex keep support going for it!

Hey guys,

I wouldn’t consider myself completely new to the game, but fairly new compared to a lot of you.

I’m currently playing in the gifted league and I keep running into the same problem. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I know you guys said that players rarely use bombshell, but it seems like 9 out of 10 people I play against are using bombshell. I can’t seem to find a good strategy to take down a well defended bombshell.

My first idea was to just rush every player who is a scalleywag so they didn’t have the wits to build. But that only worked a couple times. Somehow these guys are getting 2 or 3 bombshells pretty quick AND guarding them.

I use the adorables so I build a mobi and try to take them out. But as soon as I kill one, there’s two more bombshells waiting to kill all my guys.

If you guys have any advice or replays I could watch, I seriously need it.

— Begin quote from ‘Variable’ pid=‘45454’ dateline=‘1365206534’

Hey guys,

I wouldn’t consider myself completely new to the game, but fairly new compared to a lot of you.

I’m currently playing in the gifted league and I keep running into the same problem. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I know you guys said that players rarely use bombshell, but it seems like 9 out of 10 people I play against are using bombshell. I can’t seem to find a good strategy to take down a well defended bombshell.

My first idea was to just rush every player who is a scalleywag so they didn’t have the wits to build. But that only worked a couple times. Somehow these guys are getting 2 or 3 bombshells pretty quick AND guarding them.

I use the adorables so I build a mobi and try to take them out. But as soon as I kill one, there’s two more bombshells waiting to kill all my guys.

If you guys have any advice or replays I could watch, I seriously need it.

— End quote

I do remember that. The lower leagues tend to be more BS heavy. Yes, you want to attack quick, but in an organized manner. You want to attack with force. Buffed soldiers are a good option. Or even, do two mobies. Shoot in there and jet them out. try to work their attention to another side. Sometimes if you move up both sides of the map (and their bombshell is in the middle) they can only chose one side to attack (if they haven’t built up too far).

Unless you let them build up too much, making a BS puts them at a unit deficit. You can use that for your advantage and keep pummeling them with soldiers and runners. (And take out their medics if you can)

http://osn.codepenguin.com/replays/view/ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YpIqVAww where I had to work around a bunch of bombshells. Granted, I was feedback, so the strategy was a bit different. In the middle of the game, you noticed that I just kept making soldiers. Sometimes you just have to attack in force and keep building up. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn’t.

I am really unhappy with the BS. It is really powerful and way too easy to defend. You can work around it, but it takes some practice and work.

i noticed that there arent any tips for 2v2… i can give some. kamikaze, is it okay to give them here or does it belong in another thread?

— Begin quote from ‘TheQwertiest’ pid=‘47505’ dateline=‘1366340987’

i noticed that there arent any tips for 2v2… i can give some. kamikaze, is it okay to give them here or does it belong in another thread?

— End quote

Hm, would you say new players flock towards 2v2? In my mind, 2v2 is a more advanced game type and therefore not fitting for this thread, but I’m ready to be convinced otherwise.

— Begin quote from ‘Kamikaze28’ pid=‘47518’ dateline=‘1366350483’

Hm, would you say new players flock towards 2v2? In my mind, 2v2 is a more advanced game type and therefore not fitting for this thread, but I’m ready to be convinced otherwise.

— End quote

In my recent experience in getting out of fluffy 2v2 random I would say new players do flock to that play mode as their profiles, more often than not, showed no other rankings except the “finish your placement matches” shield. However, would this sort of player would actually bother to come on the forum, I doubt it. And if they did, as a tip for a new player, the only worthwhile one would be "hang in there. Time between turns is often more than a day. Chat with your partner. "

Having said that, I think your right Qwertiest, I think there is room for such advice on the forum. Possibly on a new thread.

— End quote

— End quote

yeah you are right. 2v2 atm is a more advanced game type but it might be changed if we give some guides or pointers on how the thing works. for me, 2v2 became fun and way easier once i got a hold of how the game is played.

New players go to 1v1 random friendly. Every game i start is vs an unranked 0 league wins player its annoying.

I know that this doesn’t necessarily point to gameplay, but since a lot of new users come and look at this page first, I think it would be a good idea to mention something about the clans for people to get involved with, so that they can get further training.

Thanks. Very helpful :slight_smile:
[hr]

— Begin quote from ‘TheGreatAnt’ pid=‘47819’ dateline=‘1366572519’

I know that this doesn’t necessarily point to gameplay, but since a lot of new users come and look at this page first, I think it would be a good idea to mention something about the clans for people to get involved with, so that they can get further training.

— End quote

Would be nice. Don’t even know what is a clan in this game :slight_smile:
[hr]

— Begin quote from ‘TheGoldenGriffin’ pid=‘47543’ dateline=‘1366371314’

New players go to 1v1 random friendly. Every game i start is vs an unranked 0 league wins player its annoying.

— End quote

Well, I was first in my fluffy division and suddenly all new games were with players from clever or gifted division. I went down directly to # 20. If I understand how it works, when I’ll be first I should only play one game a week to be sure not going down again? It’s not something I want as I love playing this game discovered three weeks ago, but do I need to do that to stay on top?

I just undertood how it works :slight_smile:

— Begin quote from __'Pastil’ pid=‘47541’ dateline=‘1366370987’__*

— End quote

— End quote

yeah you are right. 2v2 atm is a more advanced game type but it might be changed if we give some guides or pointers on how the thing works. for me, 2v2 became fun and way easier once i got a hold of how the game is played.

— End quote

Hi. Is there finally a thread giving tips for 2 vs 2 players? Would like to see that.